Faulty Bosch plunge router base?
Question 
When upside down, if I don't positively control the base when releasing the locking trigger, this leg comes out of the base.

I've had this router base for fifteen years or so, but it has seen *very* little use.  Is this normal?

Semper fi,
Brad

You know, I think I may have figured it out. Is there supposed to be some sort of o-ring in that groove at the end of the rod that provides enough friction to keep it in place?
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-08-2018, 08:37 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: You know, I think I may have figured it out.  Is there supposed to be some sort of o-ring in that groove at the end of the rod that provides enough friction to keep it in place?

I believe it is a snap ring, not an 'O' ring.

The 1619, the one I have, shows one on the top side, but I don't see one on the bottom, in the diagram.  I am not going to tear it apart just to look.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-..._3229.html
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe