Music stand plans-need ideas
I thought it would be nice to make my child a wooden music stand to use at home.  I have some extra "spindles" from our staircase that would be a nice remembrance maybe some day.  (I've heard that your children won't live with you forever).  I thought (and she has requested) a three legged unit with the bottom like a candle stand.  It needs to be height adjustable and the top able to tilt.   I'm open to ideas, and maybe even magazine articles that you might remember they appeared in.

Thanks for your ideas.
(02-09-2018, 04:26 PM)toolmiser Wrote: I thought it would be nice to make my child a wooden music stand to use at home.  I have some extra "spindles" from our staircase that would be a nice remembrance maybe some day.  (I've heard that your children won't live with you forever).  I thought (and she has requested) a three legged unit with the bottom like a candle stand.  It needs to be height adjustable and the top able to tilt.   I'm open to ideas, and maybe even magazine articles that you might remember they appeared in.

Thanks for your ideas.

Hello - you might want to google 'wood music stand kits' - some hits will offer finished stands, kits, or plans at a much lower price - an example is this Shaker Music Stand - the kits and pics may give you a bunch of ideas.  Years ago I built my musician wife a cherry music stand from a kit - pic below amongst her harps & guitar - she's best on the piano but is now taking ukulele lessons - 
Rolleyes
Cool  Dave

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
Hi

I had a lot of fun designing and building one for my daughter.  It was a big hit.  I did not have any plans, just took some measurements from the metal ones at her school.  I learned a lot in the process and she loves it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Brian
I built one and a couple prototypes a few years ago.
RonL

Attached Files Image(s)

And last one from cherry

Attached Files Image(s)

here's 2 that i made for a chamber music group. bubinga & myrtle
jerry

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Jcousins - beautiful work - love the inlays - just curious (and question for others) - where did you obtain the 'hardware' for the height & stand adjustments - might want to make my wife a 'new one' from scratch this time?  Thanks - Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
giradman - the adjustment and tilt hardware were fabricated in the shop. i got some measurements from a few metal stands for height adjustment range and easel sizes. must admit it was a challenge to  move from the metal measurements/mechanisms to wood -
height is changed simply by holes and a pin on the telescoping upright piece
jerry
I put a brass 1/4 20 screw in back side then inleated a 1/8 x 1/4 x 12 inch brass strip (Ace Hardware) in riser. Tilt is shop made with holes at several angles.
I did not use any special hardware

I used a t-cutter and a pan head bolt/wood knob for the vertical adjustment

For the tilt wood brackets and through bolts w/ wood knobs on each end