Air nailers & pinners - 18 vs. 21 vs. 23 G fasteners?
(02-11-2018, 11:25 PM)retfr8flyr Wrote: Sorry, I can't give you any info on other brand pins. The Cadex pins work well for me, so I just use them. When I got mine I bought the kit with the pin and brad assortment and Systainer. Like I said it hasn't given me a single problem and I feel it's well worth the price. I looked at both the Grex and the Cadex and I didn't like some of the reviews on the Grex, so I went with the Cadex.

Just curious for those who may know - can the Cadex 21G nailer/pinner be purchased w/o the Systainer case?  I have 4 Festools w/ all coming w/ their case but are 'empty' - I keep the tools out in the open (and don't need to transport them to a job site) - also have a bunch of routers w/ empty cases - thus, I could do w/o the Cadex case - any problems w/ that thought?  Thanks - Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
Let me continue this thread - I've exchanged a few emails w/ Grex - asked whether their 21G nailer also did headless pins like the Cadex - answer is no w/ part of the response quoted below (and yes the responder is trying to sell me their product, so not sure if driving one type of fastener vs. two is an engineering issue?).  Also, Grex does not offer a 'combo pack' of their 21G nails - another email stated 'maybe in a few months', so I asked if the Cadex nails (the combo pack shown in one of my previous posts) would work - the answer 'probably' - well, not really happy w/ these answers.

The Cadex Systainer case is about $70 on one website I visited - as in my previous post I don't want the case, so another delay in my decision (birthday coming up in a few months and a 21G is 'in my sight' - would then donated my 18G Senco to the local H for H).  Finally, there is another brand to consider, i.e. Omer from Italy (pic below), the least expensive of the three brands; shoots the least nail length.  Some more considerations for me - hope others may have some experience to respond.  Dave
Smile

P.S. also noticed the Cadex comes w/ either a gold or black fastener chamber, the former seems to have a swivel air connector?  

Quote:Hello David,

Thank you for being an owner of a Grex tool and thank you for considering more.

We currently do not offer a multi-pack of our 21 gauge brad nails. 
But it should be available in about 2 months.

Our tool is designed to shoot brad (or sometimes referred to slight headed) 21 gauge nails.
Based on our testing and analysis, a tool that tries to accommodate both headless and headed nails will run into more issues.
Its for the same reason why we designed our 23 gauge pinners to be pure headless.

Our studies show that those that are looking for 21 gauge also want the slight head.
21 gauge is chosen to get more holding power so adding the head makes sense.

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina