WTB - The Naked Woodworker DVD
Looking for a copy of Mike Siemsen's "The Naked Woodworker" DVD. I have been hesitating posting this b/c I'm afraid of what kind of replies I might get!
Uhoh
(02-10-2018, 05:12 PM)agerlach Wrote: Looking for a copy of Mike Siemsen's "The Naked Woodworker" DVD. I have been hesitating posting this b/c I'm afraid of what kind of replies I might get!
Uhoh

There are no DVDs left in stock, but you can purchase it for streaming/download here:
https://lostartpress.com/collections/dvd...woodworker
Well, that's bad news.  Any chance LAP will run off another batch of DVDs, Megan?  I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

Phil
(02-10-2018, 08:30 PM)Phil S. Wrote: I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

This is exactly how I feel. If I cannot find a used DVD, I will end up buying the download. But, I figured that somebody has a dusty copy somewhere that could be put to good use.
(02-10-2018, 08:30 PM)Phil S. Wrote: Well, that's bad news.  Any chance LAP will run off another batch of DVDs, Megan?  I, for one, am not fond of buying downloads and would much rather have a hard copy.

Phil

Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.

That's what I was thinking, or copy it to a flash drive.
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Burn your own DVD. Most players handle mp4 without complaint.

Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

I know that I'm in the minority, but for me, getting a DVD in the mail is so much easier!
(02-11-2018, 07:25 PM)agerlach Wrote: Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

I know that I'm in the minority, but for me, getting a DVD in the mail is so much easier!

Internet at the public library?

Friend or relative with better connection to make the download and burn the MP4 for you?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(02-11-2018, 07:25 PM)agerlach Wrote: Unfortunately, the primary reason I want the DVD vs. doing download/stream is because my internet options were I live are horribly slow. I have bought stream/downloads before from places like theenglishwoodworker, streaming is barely manageable and downloading isn't possible because the internet will glitch halfway through and the download will fail. 

Yup - I know what you mean.  My internet connection roars along at 320 kps.  Sometimes I think smoke signals would be faster.

Phil
This title deserves being made into more DVDs.  It's not like reprinting a book. That they sold out seems to be pretty good evidence that this form sells.