Best SketchUp book for woodworkers
After buying several SketchUp tutorial books over the past several years, as well as looking at lots of YouTube videos, I could never get past just using the very basic tools. Nothing seemed to bring it all together and move me up the learning curve. Until recently, when I discovered what I think is the best book you can get for woodworkers using SketchUp. Look for SketchUp: A Design Guide for Woodworkers, by Joe Zeh. Amazon has it, and you might check your local library. Published in mid-2015, just before SU 2016 came out, but no problem if your're using the free 2017 version, as I am. 

A huge plus is the ability to directly contact Joe, the author. I had my doubts about that working, since the publication date was almost three years ago, but I gave it a try and Joe responded within hours! For one problem I had, he even set up a join.me conferencing session and took me through a 20-minute overview of what I needed to move on.

So, anyone having similar problems getting over the initial learning hurdle, I strongly recommend Joe's book.
(02-12-2018, 01:53 PM)DaveR1 Wrote: It's good you found something that works for you. Does he do personalized online instruction, too, like I do?

Hi Dave,

No, I don't think so. But I was surprised with that quick response. I know that you have been a prime mover for all of us SU newbies. Maybe this time the planets were aligned for me, but for whatever reason, Joe's book opened a door. Of course now I'll be getting into that region for students where a little knowledge is dangerous 
Laugh

Thanks for your reply and all the best in 2018

Brian