Not liking ToolNut so much anymore
Wanted to order a backer pad for a Festool sander and so I thought I’d order online from ToolNut since they’re advertising free shipping. Well after entering my credit card info, etc., there pops up an added charge of $8. So I call them and all I got is due to high call volume, after a long wait, Im directed to leave a message. I tried sales, customer service extensions and get the same thing. Tried both a couple times .
Finally tried the accounting option and after a long wait got the message we are closed. I did make sure to call before 4pm eastern time. Maybe they close really early, but why not say it right away and not make me go through all that.
Count me as no longer a ToolNut customer.
VH07V  
Isn't their free shipping on orders over $100? How much are the backer pads?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Hmmm - I was looking at the Grex 21G nailer at that site - saw shipping was 'free' on orders over $100, otherwise a flat $8 charge (quote from their FAQs below) - just curious what your order came to, and if under $100, did you have some coupon or gift code that should have paid for shipping?  Thanks - Dave
Smile

Quote:Is shipping FREE?

Shipping is free on orders over $100, with the exception of orders shipped to Hawaii and Alaska. For orders under $100, there is a flat shipping charge of $8. Note, exceptions include Rolair, Laguna, Sawstop, Teknatool and other unique or oversized products. These items will have shipping charges noted during the checkout process or you will be contacted by customer service before the order is fully processed to apprise you of any additional charges.
Piedmont North Carolina
Says right on the header on their main page “ free shipping on all orders over $100”. Did you have a different offer from them?

Also, it says customer service is 9 to 4, I wouldn’t be surprised if the accounting office had different hours.
It’s the $8 Aloha charge....

I think the CS is fairly weak as well. I called also and got into an impossible phone hold situation and then asked for a call back, which did not happen. Also took them 2 days to answer a email question concerning there "store" hours. I actually ordered about half dozen items (mainly router bits) for store pick up. The purchasing site obviously is not linked to inventory because my order went through no problem. It says wait for an hour for pick up. I waited like 90 minutes and I knew they were closing, so drove over there. I arrive and they said that "every" item that I ordered was out of stock. MMM strange. Oh well.
I had a friend recently that had a horrible time with them - they finally came thru but lots of not reaching anyone

All my Festool comes from Bob Marino - best Customer Service hands down!
Website says free shipping on *all* Festool orders. My total was only $47, and I understand minimum orders for free shipping, but be up front about it.
VH07V  
Show us where its unclear??

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(02-15-2018, 01:09 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Website says free shipping on *all* Festool orders. My total was only $47, and I understand minimum orders for free shipping, but be up front about it.

Do you have a link?  I don't see that.