Trying to learn about rasps
Auriou, Liogier, and Gramercy are hand cut rasps. Corradi and Nicholson are machine cut. Corradi claims that their teeth pattern and the consistency of the machine stitching makes for a rasp that makes a cleaner cut. Since I haven't used Corradi, I can't verify if that's true. Part of that is marketing. Corradi rasps do get consistently good reviews.

Rasps can be sharpened similar to files. Boggs Tool in California can do that. Or you can soak them in vinegar for an hour or so. The best way to keep rasps sharp is to consistently keep them clean and also to protect the teeth in storage. Throwing a bunch of rasps in the same drawer with them all touching each other (like I've seen at well-known woodworking store chains) is a no-no. Either dedicate a location for each individual rasp, wrap them with paper or cloth, put them in a sheath, or a tool roll. Even though rasps are hardened steel, the tips of the teeth are vulnerable to getting bent or dulled if they bang against other hard metal surfaces.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Every woodworker should start with a Nicholson #49 or #50 pattern makers rasp. I don't think you need both. Buy Michel's rasps when you can appreciate them and know which one to choose. I also purchased a "wood file" from highland hardware when I started and love it. Mine is wide and looks flatter than the one Highland shows. But I have found these tools to be absolute necessities. Today I have many rasps and files, but these are the tools I think all woodworkers should start with.