Help with cabinet build - first time
Hello. I've been woodworking for about a year, so I'm pretty much a beginner and pretty much self-taught (with the help of the internet). 

I've built a set of 4 cabinets that I plan to install on a kitchen wall in my home. 

This is roughly what the unit will look like, once installed (a few changes have already been made, but it's basically the same):
https://imgur.com/a/Mah0R

Now that I have the 4 carcasses and 4 doors built, I'm struggling with the logistics of the best way to face frame while still keeping the pieces manageable for installation. The total width will be about 68" and total length about 75", once installed.
Here are the carcasses, in the configuration that I plan to install them:
https://imgur.com/a/OLAAw

Is it proper to build a face frame for each individual cabinet? Or install the 4 carcasses to the wall and then fit/install one GIANT face frame?

There will be 4 doors in total, 2 on each vertical set of carcasses (see pic above). 
How much clearance does there need to be between the two middle doors, so they don't hit each other when opening? My intention is for the doors to be overlay-style.

As you can see, I know enough to be dangerous but not NEARLY enough to rely on my brain to complete this project with confidence. 
I'm happy (and grateful) to hear any and all suggestions that you have. And I'm certain that your replies will generate many more questions on my part...hope that's ok.

Thank you!
Andrea
(02-14-2018, 08:19 PM)Andreajava Wrote: Hello. I've been woodworking for about a year, so I'm pretty much a beginner and pretty much self-taught (with the help of the internet). 

I've built a set of 4 cabinets that I plan to install on a kitchen wall in my home. 

This is roughly what the unit will look like, once installed (a few changes have already been made, but it's basically the same):
https://imgur.com/a/Mah0R

Now that I have the 4 carcasses and 4 doors built, I'm struggling with the logistics of the best way to face frame while still keeping the pieces manageable for installation. The total width will be about 68" and total length about 75", once installed.
Here are the carcasses, in the configuration that I plan to install them:
https://imgur.com/a/OLAAw

Is it proper to build a face frame for each individual cabinet? Or install the 4 carcasses to the wall and then fit/install one GIANT face frame?

There will be 4 doors in total, 2 on each vertical set of carcasses (see pic above). 
How much clearance does there need to be between the two middle doors, so they don't hit each other when opening? My intention is for the doors to be overlay-style.

As you can see, I know enough to be dangerous but not NEARLY enough to rely on my brain to complete this project with confidence. 
I'm happy (and grateful) to hear any and all suggestions that you have. And I'm certain that your replies will generate many more questions on my part...hope that's ok.

Thank you!
Andrea

In general, a face frame is built for each carcass. In your case, you have two carcasses, so you have two face frames. If a "cabinet" is designed as a two-door cabinet, it still only has one face frame. Also, trying to manage a 6' x 6' face frame is going to be unwieldy at best.

For your second point, your door thickness and hinge configuration determine clearance. It's easy enough to mount the hinges on a piece of scrap with something that is the thickness of your door, open it 90 degrees, and see how much clearance you would need if both doors were fully open. Assuming your face frame is standard (1.5" wide or so) and your doors are 3/4", even a large overlay hinge (3/4") will only take you to the edge of your face frame at full open.
After hanging the 4 cabinets you could fit and install the face frame in place.
Wood is good. 
(02-14-2018, 08:41 PM)FS7 Wrote: In general, a face frame is built for each carcass. In your case, you have two carcasses, so you have two face frames. If a "cabinet" is designed as a two-door cabinet, it still only has one face frame. Also, trying to manage a 6' x 6' face frame is going to be unwieldy at best.

For your second point, your door thickness and hinge configuration determine clearance. It's easy enough to mount the hinges on a piece of scrap with something that is the thickness of your door, open it 90 degrees, and see how much clearance you would need if both doors were fully open. Assuming your face frame is standard (1.5" wide or so) and your doors are 3/4", even a large overlay hinge (3/4") will only take you to the edge of your face frame at full open.

Very good ideas
Smile  As dumb as it sounds, I never would've thought to try out the sizing on scraps.
Thank you for your help!