band saw
I explained what is happening with my Wood Slicer to Highland Woodworking. they have no idea what's going on. On coming in contact with the wood, the blade twists. It then contacts the bearing and straightens out. The cut that follows is near perfect. the damage is maybe 1/16" into the wood and that's it.
The teeth may have been dulled on one side- the side it twists to. The drag causes the blade to turn. It's happened to me before.

Other than that, perhaps the blade is not positioned correctly on the wheel.
Could be how the saw is adjusted.  No idea what type of guides you have, but in general, you want them very close if not touching the blade slightly behind the gullets of the teeth when the blade is touching the backer bearing.  Normally you want the blade to track so that the back of the blade is not touching the bearing till you start cutting and then the pressure forces it into contact.  And finally you want the upper guide set so that it is not too much higher than the work, so the blade has maximum support from the guides.

And if you know all this already, then maybe it's dull teeth or a defect in the blade like a bend or bad weld.
(02-15-2018, 05:59 PM)sussertown Wrote: I explained what is happening with my Wood Slicer to Highland Woodworking. they have no idea what's going on. On coming in contact with the wood, the blade twists. It then contacts the bearing and straightens out. The cut that follows is near perfect. the damage is maybe 1/16" into the wood and that's it.

My experience with a WoodSlicer found it dulled in just a few feet of maple.  Assuming you have the blade set up properly on the saw that would be my first guess.  

John