Walnut chairs completed
Awesome
Cool
Cool
Cool 
Did you buy plans, or just wing it?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Stwood said:
Awesome Cool Cool Cool
Did you buy plans, or just wing it?

No plans. Did mock ups until it looked right and was comfortable sitting.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
EVERYTHING in the room looks great but those chairs are special.

Kudos.
Heirloom quality.  Great job.  They look awesome.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
amazing work. Do all the seats have similar bookmatched crotch-grain? did you also make the table?
I have nothing of value to add . . . . . . just WOW!!  If I ever make chairs (and they're on my list) I want to make them just like THAT!!!

Wonderful,

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
Mound said:
amazing work. Do all the seats have similar bookmatched crotch-grain? did you also make the table?

The crotch grain was only on 2 so we designated those the Captain chairs. Yes made the table also. Posted it about a year ago. Thanks

My stuff
(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

I like them.  What style would you call that.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
John Mihich said:
I like them. What style would you call that.

I would call it modern but i just build what i like, not sure what most would call most of my furniture
Smile

My stuff
(02-16-2018, 01:46 AM)rick4212 Wrote: Took 3 months to complete but the 10 walnut chairs are finally done! 8 are for the dinning room and the other 2 were given to a daughter and daughter-in-law. These chairs are based on chairs made by Appalacian joinery in Ashville NC. All joints are draw bored. These chairs took forever because there was significant handwork involved. Thought I was going to wear my spokeshave out? Also included a picture of one of the 2 sconces i also make when I took a brake from the chairs. I now just have a chest on stand left to make to complete the dinning room. Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Jesus these are beyond beautiful. Stunning work!