Wood drawer slide tip
Hi all. I hope this little tip can help somebody on down the line.

I built a small dresser to hold my Wife's CD's. I went with traditional wood on wood slides. Anybody making drawers this way knows it can be a bear to get the drawer fronts lined up in the opening just perfect. So here's my little trick.

I use a fine thread screw for minute adjustments. These screws are a little longer than I like to use. I messed up & made the drawers 1/2" shallower than planned. LOL

[Image: IMG_20180107_143316_zpsstliyf5f.jpg]

A small chamfer hides any gap imperfection.

[Image: 2018-01-21_12-17-08_zpsrjqwu83g.jpg]
Very nice and thanks for the tip! "Good on ya" for making a gift for your wife.

Doug
(02-16-2018, 08:35 AM)GlenS Wrote: Hi all. I hope this little tip can help somebody on down the line.

I built a small dresser to hold my Wife's CD's. I went with traditional wood on wood slides. Anybody making drawers this way knows it can be a bear to get the drawer fronts lined up in the opening just perfect. So here's my little trick.

I use a fine thread screw for minute adjustments. These screws are a little longer than I like to use. I messed up & made the drawers 1/2" shallower than planned. LOL

[Image: IMG_20180107_143316_zpsstliyf5f.jpg]

A small chamfer hides any gap imperfection.

[Image: 2018-01-21_12-17-08_zpsrjqwu83g.jpg]
Of course, that means you need clearance for the screw heads. Otherwise, they will jam up. And, the screw heads  in time will wear against the surface.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
The screws are 1 1/4" up from the bottom & stick straight out the back. Nothing to jam on. I never build a drawer to bottom out against the back of a cabinet.
(02-20-2018, 07:32 AM)GlenS Wrote: The screws are 1 1/4" up from the bottom & stick straight out the back.  Nothing to jam on. I never build a drawer to bottom out against the back of a cabinet.

Do they just hit the cabinet back, or do you put a pad between the screw and the back as a shock absorber .
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Cool tip.  Thanks!
Cecil-- They just hit the 1/2" cabinet back. I never thought about some sort of padding at the back. Thanks for the idea!!

Thanks WxMan!!