Festool Price Increase 2018
Fellow woodworkers, just a heads up that Festool has announced that it will be increasing pricing on March 1st. Virtually all tools and accessories will be going up in price. So, if you have something on your short list, you may want to order soon.

PS - Hoping this doesn't turn into a negative thread. Just a PSA for anyone looking to add to their Festool stack. 
Big Grin

Thanks,
Shane
shane@toolnut.com
The Tool Nut
Thanks for all you guys do Shane.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Would you happen to have a ballpark amount for the increase. I realize (or suspect) it will be different for each tool, but maybe a general % increase guess?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-16-2018, 12:33 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Would you happen to have a ballpark amount for the increase. I realize (or suspect) it will be different for each tool, but maybe a general % increase guess?

This is the closest you can get to getting festools on Sale.  Buy them in late February!  

Smile  I've taken advantage of this "sale" several times in the past.  Feels good.
Fred, it's roughly a 5% increase if you take an average across all products. Tools are $10-160 more after 3/1 depending on the tool, for instance, so quite a spread. Track saws, Domino joiners, CMS router table and MFT/3 tables are among the higher increases. Complete list at the link below with side-by-side comparison of current price vs. new price.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-...-2018.html
(02-16-2018, 01:03 PM)shanetoolnut Wrote: Fred, it's roughly a 5% increase if you take an average across all products. Tools are $10-160 more after 3/1 depending on the tool, for instance, so quite a spread. Track saws, Domino joiners, CMS router table and MFT/3 tables are among the higher increases. Complete list at the link below with side-by-side comparison of current price vs. new price.

https://www.festoolproducts.com/festool-...-2018.html

Thank you!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Is this Festools equivalent to a sale?

Here is your chance to save big on Festool.

Before the price goes up.
Smile
A carpenter's house is never done.
"This is the closest you can get to getting festools on Sale.  Buy them in late February!  

[Image: yellowsmile.gif]  I've taken advantage of this "sale" several times in the past.  Feels good. "

This is quite a misshaped view of things. 

First , it's not the closest thing to a festool sale.   10% off on packaged deals (vacs) is available all the time and has been for years.  Whether or not an increase is implemented.   Then there's times they have sanders for $75 and $99.  The last one being so good of a sale - management couldn't even forecast demand, production or delivery properly.  They've also had " introductory " sales on new tools , but I haven't seen that in a looong time.

Second, festool is laughing at everyone they've conditioned to believe they are getting a deal,sale, whatever by buying before the price increase.  What a load of hooey.  You haven't saved anything.  You've actually lost in the deal because of the missed opportunity cost you've booked by not having the tool in the 12 months prior to the increase.  All at the same price you're paying at your make believe sale.

This mentality is a marketer's wet dream.  Nothing like a built in false sense of urgency to stir up the lemmings into pulling out their credit cards.
(02-19-2018, 11:25 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: "This is the closest you can get to getting festools on Sale.  Buy them in late February!  

[Image: yellowsmile.gif]  I've taken advantage of this "sale" several times in the past.  Feels good. "

This is quite a misshaped view of things. 

First , it's not the closest thing to a festool sale.   10% off on packaged deals (vacs) is available all the time and has been for years.  Whether or not an increase is implemented.   Then there's times they have sanders for $75 and $99.  The last one being so good of a sale -  management couldn't even forecast demand, production or delivery properly.  They've also had " introductory " sales on new tools , but I haven't seen that in a looong time.

Second, festool is laughing at everyone they've conditioned to believe they are getting a deal,sale, whatever by buying before the price increase.  What a load of hooey.  You haven't saved anything.  You've actually lost in the deal because of the missed opportunity cost you've booked by not having the tool in the 12 months prior to the increase.  All at the same price you're paying at your make believe sale.

This mentality is a marketer's wet dream.  Nothing like a built in false sense of urgency to stir up the lemmings into pulling out their credit cards.

They are the apple of the woodworking world...
They have a price increase every year in the Spring right?