Festool Price Increase 2018
(02-21-2018, 01:56 AM)NEILYEAG Wrote: They have a price increase every year in the Spring right?

Yes, typically. There was only one year that there was no price increase in 2010-ish. That said, it's not always all products and the percentage of the increase varies. This year, it's nearly all tools and accessories.
(02-19-2018, 11:25 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: "This is the closest you can get to getting festools on Sale.  Buy them in late February!  

[Image: yellowsmile.gif]  I've taken advantage of this "sale" several times in the past.  Feels good. "

This is quite a misshaped view of things. 

First , it's not the closest thing to a festool sale.   10% off on packaged deals (vacs) is available all the time and has been for years.  Whether or not an increase is implemented.   Then there's times they have sanders for $75 and $99.  The last one being so good of a sale -  management couldn't even forecast demand, production or delivery properly.  They've also had " introductory " sales on new tools , but I haven't seen that in a looong time.

Second, festool is laughing at everyone they've conditioned to believe they are getting a deal,sale, whatever by buying before the price increase.  What a load of hooey.  You haven't saved anything.  You've actually lost in the deal because of the missed opportunity cost you've booked by not having the tool in the 12 months prior to the increase.  All at the same price you're paying at your make believe sale.

This mentality is a marketer's wet dream.  Nothing like a built in false sense of urgency to stir up the lemmings into pulling out their credit cards.

LOL, I apologize for triggering you.  It was a clear tongue in cheek comment.
(02-21-2018, 08:54 AM)shanetoolnut Wrote: Yes, typically. There was only one year that there was no price increase in 2010-ish. That said, it's not always all products and the percentage of the increase varies. This year, it's nearly all tools and accessories.

Is there any change in products for 2018?  I got an email from a Festool seller with the updates to some of their products, including bluetooth communications.  If I buy a 2018 MIDI can it answer my phone or play music?
A carpenter's house is never done.
So I just researched further the upgrades to the 2018 line.

The new features won't be coming out to April-ish.

Higher end vacuums 26 and up will have a Bluetooth module that will allow auto-trigger with cordless sanders.
Upgrade to vac hoses, smooth wall possibly different locking connecting methods.
(02-19-2018, 03:49 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:             They are the apple of the woodworking world...

Couldn't have said it better myself hahaha
(02-21-2018, 01:18 PM)photobug Wrote: So I just researched further the upgrades to the 2018 line.

The new features won't be coming out to April-ish.

Higher end vacuums 26 and up will have a Bluetooth module that will allow auto-trigger with cordless sanders.
Upgrade to vac hoses, smooth wall possibly different locking connecting methods.

Right, the bluetooth module is for the CT 25/36/48 vacs and comes with a remote that can be used to turn the vac on and off. Additionally, new bluetooth batteries can be used with the cordless tools to pair with the vac.

There are quite a few other new accessories coming in April, as well as a new mixer. Upgraded hoses with a braided sleeve, more flexible, smooth interior and conical/tapered design. New Granat Net mesh abrasives, similar to Abranet if you're familiar with that. New Domino DF 500 knockdown connectors. The CT 26/36/48 vacs get a minor facelift that includes the new hoses (mentioned above), a new hose garage with T-LOC, and a new cord wrap.

Not sure if it's against the rules of the forum, but here's a link to a thread on the FOG about all of the new stuff if you're interested. Mods, if this is against the rules, feel free to remove the link.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-sa...mixer-(us)

Shane
All, a friendly reminder that the prices will increase on March 1st. Only a few days remaining at current prices. Thanks.
(02-25-2018, 10:52 AM)shanetoolnut Wrote:  The CT 26/36/48 vacs get a minor facelift that includes the new hoses (mentioned above), a new hose garage with T-LOC, and a new cord wrap.

Shane

Does that mean the Midi will be unchanged?  Cause that is where I would be heading when/if I do pull the trigger.  I figured last years hoses are not worth 5% savings.
(02-25-2018, 10:52 AM)shanetoolnut Wrote: Right, the bluetooth module is for the CT 25/36/48 vacs and comes with a remote that can be used to turn the vac on and off. Additionally, new bluetooth batteries can be used with the cordless tools to pair with the vac.

There are quite a few other new accessories coming in April, as well as a new mixer. Upgraded hoses with a braided sleeve, more flexible, smooth interior and conical/tapered design. New Granat Net mesh abrasives, similar to Abranet if you're familiar with that. New Domino DF 500 knockdown connectors. The CT 26/36/48 vacs get a minor facelift that includes the new hoses (mentioned above), a new hose garage with T-LOC, and a new cord wrap.

Not sure if it's against the rules of the forum, but here's a link to a thread on the FOG about all of the new stuff if you're interested. Mods, if this is against the rules, feel free to remove the link.

Shane

Hey - shouldn't you make it clear that the new "upgraded" and more costly vacs do not come standard with the bluetooth module or the remote control !  If you want that you're gonna have to spend another $80 and install it.