Found One
(02-18-2018, 09:06 PM)jlanciani Wrote: Nice buy. I’m pretty sure that those 5 sets of mystery knives do the back cuts for crown molding.

Yup. I have several sets, not quite that big though.
Laugh

Nice haul John.
See if you can get the vari speed kit for it. Much easier on the knives and wood if you can slow it down. Makes a world of difference.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-22-2018, 06:46 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yup. I have several sets, not quite that big though.
Laugh

Nice haul John.
See if you can get the vari speed kit for it. Much easier on the knives and wood if you can slow it down. Makes a world of difference.

I'm pretty sure the vari speed kit will fit it, but at around $750 IIRC it's not on my short list.  I do plan to spend the $100 or so to get the multi-pass kit.  That allows you to take less than a full depth cut, and that will give a better finish and put less work on the knives.  

John
Thats good. I was gonna say that a full pass on molding bigger than 2", or very deep molding like staircase bull nosing is hard on the knives.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Great deal. Source a 3 phase motor and use a VFD for speed control.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry