Dimensions Bailey No. 3 Low Knob
Looking through my old planes/boneyard for a knob for an early Bailey #3 I noticed Stanley didn't appear to be too particular regarding the knob diameter There seems to have been a variation up to 1/8" or so. The same must be true for totes as the rods are all the same but sometimes the brass nut sits down a bit below the top.

Anyway, the knob from a #5 (short knob) looks a bit big for a #3. What should the diameter and height of an early #3 knob be?

Thyanks, Homer
(02-19-2018, 10:58 PM)HomerLee Wrote: Looking through my old planes/boneyard for a knob for an early Bailey #3 I noticed Stanley didn't appear to be too particular regarding the knob diameter There seems to have been a variation up to 1/8" or so. The same must be true for totes as the rods are all the same but sometimes the brass nut sits down a bit below the top.

Anyway, the knob from a #5 (short knob) looks a bit big for a #3. What should the diameter and height of an early #3 knob be?

Thyanks, Homer

I just checked both no3 my low knob type 11,   dia 1-9/16   ht 1-7/8