Cherry burl with bark inclusion
I just finished turning this last week. I thought the bark inclusion was going to ruin it but I am very pleased with the way it turned out. 

I like it too thanks for sharing!
Bill
that's a gorgeous piece.  how big is it?  

I have an oak burl that had some occlusion but when I was turning it green the stuff started flying off.  I eventually dug it all out and will fill the voids with epoxy before the second turn.  I'm planning on working on that this spring.
(02-20-2018, 03:29 PM)crokett™ Wrote: that's a gorgeous piece.  how big is it?  

I have an oak burl that had some occlusion but when I was turning it green the stuff started flying off.  I eventually dug it all out and will fill the voids with epoxy before the second turn.  I'm planning on working on that this spring.

Thanks crokett!

I can't remember exactly but approx. 8" L x 4" to 5" W x 3.5" deep. I'll measure it tonight.

I was afraid this one was going to fly off but it was pretty stable.
(02-20-2018, 03:14 PM)Wildwood Wrote: I like it too thanks for sharing!

Thanks Bill!
All I gotta say is WOW,that is beautiful,you sure did that piece of wood justice.Keep up the great work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
It’s beautiful. Great turn.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Yes.. thanks for posting. I think it looks totally excellent. That is a piece of Artwork !

Please let us know the finish that is on it and your process of applying the finish. I'd really like to know.
Thanks for the comments guys. Crokett, I forgot to measure it last night but will try to get dimensions tonight. The finishing schedule was pretty basic. I wiped on some BLO, let it dry for a few days and then sprayed about 10 coats of rattle can lacquer. Finished it up by buffing on the Beal buffing system.
(02-21-2018, 08:37 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thanks for the comments guys. Crokett, I forgot to measure it last night but will try to get dimensions tonight. The finishing schedule was pretty basic. I wiped on some BLO, let it dry for a few days and then sprayed about 10 coats of rattle can lacquer. Finished it up by buffing on the Beal buffing system.

Thank you for telling us. That may be basic for you, but I've never done that.