Dust Deputy with LV hose?
Does anyone know whether this hose from Lee Valley fits the inlet port on the standard Dusty Deputy? The DD specs have the port at 2" min, tapered, so larger hoses can fit -- up to a point.

LV doesn't specify the ID of either end of the hose, but one end has 2.25" OD cuff, so I thought if it were 2.125" ID, it might work with the tapered DD port.

Thanks!

(Posted in Woodworking, but thought it might fit the Power Tool section too)
"Yes it works in practice, but will it work in theory?" (Roy Underhill)
I bought a hose from Woodcraft with fittings that fit both over the Dust Deputy ports and into the dust port of most of my power tools. Nothing else I've found fit as well.

I'm still looking for a good way to connect my Ridgid shop vac hose to the Dust Deputy that does not involve gaffers tape...
(02-21-2018, 03:35 PM)typerr Wrote: I bought a hose from Woodcraft with fittings that fit both over the Dust Deputy ports and into the dust port of most of my power tools. Nothing else I've found fit as well.

I'm still looking for a good way to connect my Ridgid shop vac hose to the Dust Deputy that does not involve gaffers tape...

Good luck with that.  I have the same vacuum and that is how I set it up with tape around the original hose.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I use the expensive orange vac hose found at Home Depot for the dirt side in. It fits rather well. The nice grey hose that comes with the DD for suction from the Prime Mover (shop vac)
Smile.
Ag
I have a Ridgid shop vac as well. The vac's inlet hose seems to fit over the outlet of the Deputy pretty well owing to the taper on the DD. Mine is/was their biggest (16 or 20 gallons) with the motor detaches to make a blower, about 15 years old. I might still tape it so it doesn't pull off.

Looks like I'll just have to splurge on the gray hose Oneida sells to feed the DD. I don't think that will work with the vac's attachments like the wand, floor tool etc
(02-24-2018, 12:35 PM)SeanA Wrote: Looks like I'll just have to splurge on the gray hose Oneida sells to feed the DD. I don't think that will work with the vac's attachments like the wand, floor tool etc

By trial and error I found that a 2.5-inch Shop Vac brand hose without the end cuff fits tightly inside 2-inch PVC plumbing fittings. For my Dust Deputy (the plastic one) I use a 2-inch PVC male adaptor (Dura D2466) from Home Depot. The Shop Vac hose is pushed into the large end (all the way -- 1.5 inches) and the small end slides about 3/4-inch onto the outside of the Dust Deputy port. Both ends are tight friction fits. 

2737098-9050300.jpg -- #9050300 -- The hose should have this type of cuff on both ends.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DURA-2-in-Sc.../100344820 -- I filed off the threads to make it look better.

I have a 14-gallon Ridgid vacuum and the cuff on the end of the #9050300 Shop Vac hose fits all of the Ridgid accessories (wand, brush, floor tool, etc).

I've used this Shop Vac hose / 2" PVC fitting combination on other tools. For example, on my Makita hand planer I use the same PVC male adaptor but I filed off the threads (plus a little more) so it fits inside the dust port on the planer. Works great.

https://www.zoro.com/makita-dust-extract...gKfevD_BwE -- replaces the oval port that came with the planer

There are many different types of 2-inch PVC fittings (couplings, reducers, reducing adaptors, bushings, elbows, etc., etc.) which could possibly be modified and used with a 2.5-inch Shop Vac hose for tool dust collection.
(02-24-2018, 07:36 PM)Lynden Wrote: By trial and error I found that a 2.5-inch Shop Vac brand hose without the end cuff fits tightly inside 2-inch PVC plumbing fittings.

There are many different types of 2-inch PVC fittings (couplings, reducers, reducing adaptors, bushings, elbows, etc., etc.) which could possibly be modified and used with a 2.5-inch Shop Vac hose for tool dust collection.

This is true.

One needs to look for fittings with a stop molded in. It is the ID of the internal stop that likes shop vac hose ends.

Ag
Thanks for the tip, Lynden! May give that a shot.
(02-24-2018, 09:58 PM)AgGEM Wrote: One needs to look for fittings with a stop molded in. It is the ID of the internal stop that likes shop vac hose ends.

I take the end cuff off and just force the end of the hose into the fitting. The male adaptor I linked works well because it is 1.5" deep so there is a lot of area for friction between the outside of the hose and the inside of the fitting.
(02-25-2018, 04:31 AM)Lynden Wrote: I take the end cuff off and just force the end of the hose into the fitting. The male adaptor I linked works well because it is 1.5" deep so there is a lot of area for friction between the outside of the hose and the inside of the fitting.

Good thinking.
Ag