Grizzly G1071 - 1 HP Oscillating Spindle Sander
Hello, Does anyone by chance have any coupons they're not using that I could talk them out of? 

I'm looking to buy the Grizzly G1071 Oscillating Spindle Sander & tryin' to score points with the wife where I can. If not, thanks anyway and have a fantastic day everybody!!  PS. Would the replacement sleeves that Grizzly sells be good ones to order? Or would I be better off looking around? (Or should that be on a separate thread? Sorry I'm kinda new at this.)  [Image: g1071-c81afcec7c049ae7d8c4b14446c6ab43.jpg]
Dave

A friend of mine got this one six months ago and he loves it over the Delta one he has for 20 years that finally broke down and not parts for it anymore.

I am quite sure you will like it also.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-27-2018, 05:35 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Dave

A friend of mine got this one six months ago and he loves it over the Delta one he has for 20 years that finally broke down and not parts for it anymore.

I am quite sure you will like it also.

Thank you Arlin, that's great to hear. Originally I really wanted something older and cheaper - with a little character. But buying this one - new at that - feels like a real treat. I'm getting pretty excited for it to arrive so I can plug it in and take it for a test drive. 

Too bad your friends Delta pooped out. If parts were available maybe he might not have taken the same plunge, that I did. MAybe it was a blessing in disguise. If I hadn't ordered mine when I did, I would've happily ran to that Bormac Spindle Sander the next morning when he called to offer it to me. I'm sure I would've been happy with it. Until I had to buy parts. Since it's a Max copy from the same era, it might've proven frustrating or expensive. For a few hundred more I got a brand spankin' new machine, + warranty, reassurance of reliability and those available parts you mentioned. I've bought two new tools in the last week. I don't remember the last time I bought a major or bigger tool, that was new. Getting excited just typing about it! Heh heh!
I've had the Shop Fox version of that sander for several years now-it is a nice unit. I get my sander sleeves from Klingspor's. I wouldn't order any replacements until you have had a chance to use yours for awhile to see which sleeves you will use the most. You will want to get a sandpaper eraser immediately as they extend the life of the sleeves considerably.
(02-28-2018, 06:40 AM)Greg Jones Wrote: I've had the Shop Fox version of that sander for several years now-it is a nice unit. I get my sander sleeves from Klingspor's. I wouldn't order any replacements until you have had a chance to use yours for awhile to see which sleeves you will use the most. You will want to get a sandpaper eraser immediately as they extend the life of the sleeves considerably.

I hadn't considered the eraser - thanks Greg! Will do. Good advice on the choosing of sizes too. Smart. Also will keep the website for supplies.