Roof stain removal?
Kill what's there with the Bayer moss killer or Wet and Forget then intall this along the roof ridge to keep it from coming back.  Works great...

Zinc strip
[/url]
[url=https://www.homedepot.com/p/Master-Flow-2-67-in-x-50-ft-Zinc-Moss-and-Mildew-Preventer-Strip-NMM50/100004640]
Joe
(02-22-2018, 02:55 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: There are zinc strips you can add to the shingles. Rain water spreads a tiny bit of zinc on the roof and inhibits the growth.

I used a roll of zinc strip on the last house. I think I bought a roll through Amazon and tucked the edge under my ridge vent and put in a nail every few feet under the lifted ridge vent edge. It takes a while to kill the Black Algae (Gloeocapsa Magma). Maybe a year? But it worked great for at least 8 years till we moved. It does need to be replaced after a while as it becomes ineffective. It's usually on the north face of a roof but it can be anywhere if you live in the woods. It's really a green algae but the sun turns it black.

The green stuff on roofs in shaded/wooded areas is generally the same algea, just healthier and the zinc will kill it also.

I also tried the spray and it works but you have to keep treating it. imho, the zink is easier and cheaper in the long run but it doesn't have immediate results, you have to be a little more patient.

This is what we used.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay