Posting pics to a thread from your phone
I’ve seen a few members comment about posting pics straight from your computer or phone. I still haven’t done anything about posting photos since the Photobucket change.

I tried posting straight from my IPhone 7 not too long ago but the file was too large. Am I missing something? Posting from my phone library would be fantastic. Thanks!

(02-22-2018, 12:21 PM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: I’ve seen a few members comment about posting pics straight from your computer or phone.  I still haven’t done anything about posting photos since the Photobucket change.

I tried posting straight from my IPhone 7 not too long ago but the file was too large.  Am I missing something?  Posting from my phone library would be fantastic.  Thanks!

Hello - your iPhone 7 has a 12 MP rear camera - the same size as my Lumix camera - if saved to uncompressed TIFF or RAW images the files are huge (see first pic); for myself, I save to JPG, but a 4000x3000 pixel image (see 3rd pic) is still large, e.g. 3.8 MB for the one shown - this site has a limit to the size of uploaded images which is 1 MB (see 2nd pic) - so using Preview on my Mac laptop, I downsized the image to 800x600 image which reduced the size to 263 KB for upload - the final pic is the image at its smaller size.

SO, my question (and not sure if you are using pics taken w/ your phone and/or off the web?) is whether your images are too large to upload to this site - often settings can be chosen and/or an app used in iOS to reduce your picture size if that is the reason - Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
It's been a while since I owned an I-phone but it's all similar to my Android phone.

You can have the phone save the images to I-cloud.  From your computer (especially if it is a mac computer) you should be able to go into I-cloud and your images will be there.  If you don't have a mac computer you will probably have to sign into I-cloud on your computer to extract your images.

Then use the Preview to downsize as Giradman describes.
A carpenter's house is never done.