Zero clearance
(02-23-2018, 11:42 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Yes it is, i only use for 45º cuts, and the blade has to be fully retracted to remove the insert.

I misunderstood.  For angle cuts I use the wide throat that came with the saw.  I don't seem to get much tearout on the angle.  

I do use a negative hook angle blade for plywood and that minimizes tearout anyway.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Try a ZC at 45*. You'll like it!
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-22-2018, 06:21 PM)sussertown Wrote: I'm having brain freeze. If I make a zero clearance saw table throat plate at 45 degrees what happens when I raise and lower the blade.]

Sorry, I misread your question and gave an incorrect answer on my first response.

The correct answer is; you will cut a 45 degree slot in your brand new throat plate as the blade is raised. When you lower the blade the blade will retract back down thru the 45 degree slot that you just made.  Everything is fine...... You now have a 45 degree zero clearance throat plate!

My first read was; you had a normal 90 degree zero clearance throat plate and wanted to tilt your blade to 45 while the blade was up.  How in the world did I misread that badly???
Confused
Confused    Sorry.....
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who do not.
Guess I've misunderstood also.

So the blade would have to be raised slowly, cutting the plate, which the blade is already set to 45 degrees.

Now, depending on how high it is raised would determine how *wide* of a slot you would end up with, correct?
You may have a 2" slot.......

I have my LHR molding head on at the moment. Guess I'll have to play with this when I get my regular blade back on.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-24-2018, 11:41 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Guess I've misunderstood also.

So the blade would have to be raised slowly, cutting the plate, which the blade is already set to 45 degrees.

Now, depending on how high it is raised would determine how *wide* of a slot you would end up with, correct?
You may have a 2" slot.......

I have my LHR molding head on at the moment. Guess I'll have to play with this when I get my regular blade back on.
Laugh

The blade extends at a 45 degree angle also, not 90 degrees to the table.     Just a blade kerf width over the whole range.   Roly
(02-24-2018, 12:01 PM)Roly Wrote: The blade extends at a 45 degree angle also, not 90 degrees to the table.     Just a blade kerf width over the whole range.   Roly

The blade extends at a 45 degree angle also, not 90 degrees to the table.  Duh
Big Grin
Big Grin

Just a blade kerf width over the whole range.   ??????

Slot widens as the blade comes up......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-24-2018, 12:12 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: The blade extends at a 45 degree angle also, not 90 degrees to the table.  Duh
Big Grin
Big Grin

try it.   roly
I will, soon as I get another wood insert made. All of my new, unused inserts are poly.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-24-2018, 12:12 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: The blade extends at a 45 degree angle also, not 90 degrees to the table.  Duh
Big Grin
Big Grin

Define "widens"

The slot width will remain the same, whatever your blade width is. (standard blade width is 1/8 inch, less for a narrow kerf blade) So, it remains 1/8 inch wide.

The slot will lengthen as you raise the blade.  it will start out at a short length and elongate as you raise the blade.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary and those who do not.
Hmmm. I posted all this yesterday. I must not have hit *post* after preview.

I'll just repost the pics.

Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020