HAANDTOOLS: Disston D-8, 26" 8 pt; Freshly Sharpened
Ok, here's a D-8 26", 8pt handsaw, I just finished sharpening it, filed crosscut.  Looks like Disston's wartime production as it has steel nuts, "USA" medallion, notice that there's plenty of plate depth below the handle, some evidence of rust remaining at the toe (see closeup pic), but nothing to affect anything and not near the tooth line, plate "sings" and retains all its tension; I jointed, made two shaping passes and two sharpening passes, as the guy who sharpened it last butchered it.  Used up a file and a half.  Now it cuts smooth and straight, see pic.  Handle solid with no chips or cracks.  All in all a great user saw, taper ground, very few saws made these days like this one and they cost 3 times as much.  Yours for $70 plus shipping.   Teaser pic, link to album showing sharpening process below:

[Image: 40429795971_2f3b080cf1_b.jpg]

[Image: 38618942680_e69c4ee75c_b.jpg]

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority, and please include your full shipping address so I can quote postage and print up mailing labels.  I don't have paypal, so payment by USPS money order unless I know you from the forum.

A nice user saw, workhorse of the till, will be a great saw for someone.  As always, quality tools that I would own, priced reasonably.

Thanks for looking.

PS:  Oh, I forgot the link to the flickr album:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/9433588@N0...6041556938
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Saw is sold, thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis