Parts availability for Delta machines
(02-27-2018, 05:30 PM)wood-chips Wrote: You are right about the OEM parts and buying better quality replacements.  You can't see the mfg part number on the lower bearings because they are all enclosed in the housing.  The mfg on thrust bearings were marked Romania and the upper assembly bearings were marked Taiwan.  I wanted to get the mfg part number for the lower bearings from Delta, but of course they had no cross reference from Delta part number to mfg part number 
Angry

My brother can order any bearings and even upgrades so I wanted the mfg part numbers so I can have him order them for me.  I guess I'll have to tear it down and get the mfg part numbers and have him get me the bearings after.  Will mean a little more down time but well worth it. At least the thrust and upper bearings can be ordered any time since I have the mfg part numbers.
The upper and lower thrust bearings are the same; 6200-2RS. Delta has used these since the 1930’s for the thrust bearings (though they were originally 6200zz with metal shields instead of rubber seals). The wheel bearings, both upper and lower, are easy enough to see the bearing numbers without dismantling the saw. You don’t need the Delta part numbers for any reason at all, just read the numbers on what you have. You may have to either use a small mirror or remove the drive pulley to see the number on the lower.

Edited to add; 6202 upper and 6204 lower bearings.
One shouldn' t have a problem finding parts for almost all USA made Delta machines.

Between owwm, ebay, renovo parts and the rest of the internet, the world is a small place.

Ed