Need some plumbing help
Is there any product out there that can help in loosening stubborn fittings. I have a steel drain pipe that has a copper fitting screwed into it and the nipple has corroded and It is too tight to wall to resolder so I would like to take the copper fitting out of the steel sewer line and replace with plastic and replumb. The 2 dissimilar metals probably has corroded and it is making it tough to turn out. I have tried liquid wrench and heat but no movement and Have a wrench on it with a lever. Any suggestions??? Nothing left to use a fernco on either. 
John T.
(02-24-2018, 11:29 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Is there any product out there that can help in loosening stubborn fittings. I have a steel drain pipe that has a copper fitting screwed into it and the nipple has corroded and It is too tight to wall to resolder so I would like to take the copper fitting out of the steel sewer line and replace with plastic and replumb. The 2 dissimilar metals probably has corroded and it is making it tough to turn out. I have tried liquid wrench and heat but no movement and Have a wrench on it with a lever. Any suggestions??? Nothing left to use a fernco on either. 

Try PB'laster I have had good luck with this.
My old-time plumber (now retired) always preferred sharp taps/strikes with a hammer to huge amounts of torque.
(02-24-2018, 11:29 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Is there any product out there that can help in loosening stubborn fittings. I have a steel drain pipe that has a copper fitting screwed into it and the nipple has corroded and It is too tight to wall to resolder so I would like to take the copper fitting out of the steel sewer line and replace with plastic and replumb. The 2 dissimilar metals probably has corroded and it is making it tough to turn out. I have tried liquid wrench and heat but no movement and Have a wrench on it with a lever. Any suggestions??? Nothing left to use a fernco on either. 

I would add heat and if that didn't work collapse the copper fitting I would have to look over the steel pipe really well before I smacked it with anything.  I am just tossing this out there because of a recent experience with a neighbor you know to add heat to the steel pipe right not the copper?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Kano Kroil is my go-to!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I did the heat thing and that did not do anything so I bought some blaster and soaking in that. Tomorrow I will use a chain wrench on the fitting and if not I will have to cut it out. My biggest problem is lack of room. Getting even the smallest hacksaw in there will be a challenge. May have to take some of the down tubes apart. Was hoping to not open that can of worms. Best case it spins out of there. The chain wrench will allow me to get a better bite on it where I can get some leverage. Wish me luck.
John T.
I've been through this.  What I ended up doing was cutting the copper off close to the steel pipe, then using a close quarters hacksaw (basically a handle with no frame for a hacksaw blade) and getting the blade inside the pipe and carefully cut through the copper fitting without damaging the steel threads.  then drive a small screwdriver, flat bar, , whatever between the steel and the copper to separate the copper from the steel and crush the copper.  Then pull the copper out. 

all of that took less time than my previous efforts to unscrew it.  just fyi.
Yes try what crokett suggested.
Or, get some long pipes that will slide over the ends of your wrenches to give you more leverage.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-25-2018, 07:01 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes try what crokett suggested.
Or, get some long pipes that will slide over the ends of your wrenches to give you more leverage.

IME, since it hasn't moved already the copper will fail before it moves, and he'll be most likely following my suggestion anyway....
I'm another fan of Kroil. It has worked when PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench and others failed. I would apply it to the threads every few hours. It might take a day. If Kroil and increasing your leverage doesn't work, you will almost certainly have to cut.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$