Need some plumbing help
I say be careful applying too much leverage to get that pipe out.  I would try kroil if you can get it locally I have to have it shipped in so I keep it on hand.  Also I am kind of impatient so if you want to get it done cut the pipe on both sides so you have a place for the pipe to collapse and crush it not always necessary to cut inside the fitting.  The smashing with channel locks can help break the connection.  It might not be for everyone but I have done it that way more than a few times
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Need some plumbing help

poop rolls downhill.
sorry,JT- i dont know..ummm...crap about plumbing- other than that and im fond of it.
Smile
I'm not a fan of kroil or other loosening agents mostly because I've not seen them be reliable for anything that's truly corroded. That and I never have a day to wait and see if they might work. I know I can use a more direct approach to get things unstuck.
Just an update BP blaster worked. I sprayed over night and today took a chain wrench and lever and it spun off very easily. I was surprised to say the least. That stuff does work. This is all getting changed to plastic. The heck with all this disimilar metals. I got steel, copper, and now brass at the tub and all is corroded to the point I take one joint apart the next one falls apart. The steel drain is still solid so not changing that now and the kitchen sink drains into it also and it is working fine. If down the road I need to change that section of drain piping it would an easier job now that I can clean up this bath tub stuff. thanks everyone.
John T.
(02-26-2018, 05:59 PM)JTTHECLOCKMAN Wrote: Just an update BP blaster worked. I sprayed over night and today took a chain wrench and lever and it spun off very easily. I was surprised to say the least. That stuff does work. This is all getting changed to plastic. The heck with all this disimilar metals. I got steel, copper, and now brass at the tub and all is corroded to the point I take one joint apart the next one falls apart. The steel drain is still solid so not changing that now and the kitchen sink drains into it also and it is working fine. If down the road I need to change that section of drain piping it would an easier job now that I can clean up this bath tub stuff. thanks everyone.

Brass doesn't have issues with other stuff.  I usually use 6" brass nipples on water heaters so I can connect copper without a thought.  I don't like those short dielectric fittings
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.