Project ideas for shorts?
(03-02-2018, 11:56 AM)handi Wrote: I made my Folding Breakfast Trays completely from shorts. The longest part measures 22”. 

[Image: HLWTlK.jpg]

Episodes 1&2 of Woodcademy on Amazon take you through the build, and the complete plans are free to download from my website.

That's beautiful.

I'm going to take a look at the link.  I'm curious about the hinges for the legs.
Peter

My "day job"
(03-02-2018, 02:12 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: That's beautiful.

I'm going to take a look at the link.  I'm curious about the hinges for the legs.

The hinges for the legs are just brass 3/4” Hinges, nothing special.

What IS cool is the spring mechanism that holds the legs closed for storage and locks them open in use. All wood and easy to make now that I have worked out the dimensions.

I also show you how to make the angled finger joints where the sides and back meet.

The show and plans are free and you have access to the host if questions arise!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
My son-in-law attends "herfs," which I have been told are where men meet, bond, and smoke fine cigars.  I made this ashtray for him out of cutting board cutoffs.  The center piece is an electrical box cover for snuffing out lit cigars.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-02-2018, 11:56 AM)handi Wrote: I made my Folding Breakfast Trays completely from shorts. The longest part measures 22”. 

Episodes 1&2 of Woodcademy on Amazon take you through the build, and the complete plans are free to download from my website.

Does the ham and eggs come with it?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Does the ham and eggs come with it?

I include plans, you have to build you own of course!
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
That sounds perfect for cutting boards. I'd rip those into about 1.25" strips, maybe 1" if you want a finished 3/4" or 7/8" thick cutting board.

The cube and geometric patterns are cool, but I find that simple strips (with the occasional curve inlay) are easier and a bit more practical to me. I'm not only saying that because I don't want to put in the time to do one, I also think they'd be moderately distracting and "loud" in the kitchen.

[Image: HLWTlK.jpg]

You do some beautiful and looks like delicate work.  Well done.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I had some hard Maple and Walnut shorts left over from a few projects so I started making my first cuttings boards.  I ended up with enough material for 3 of them.