DELTA 14" Bandsaw 28-475X bearings
I was replacing the blade on my bandsaw and discovered the lower thrust bearing was seized.
My bandsaw is 13 years old so I figured I'd replace all the bearings this summer and give it a once over.

I can find the manufacturer bearing numbers on all bearings except for the lower shaft bearings, will have to disassemble to see the bearing number.

Is there anybody that can possibly help me with the manufacturer bearing number?
My brother can order any bearing I need, so I'm looking for the bearing number.
The delta lower bearing part number is 920-04-020-5348

And secondly, has anyone replaced bearings on this or similar DELTA bandsaw?
Any things to watch out for?
(02-26-2018, 05:31 PM)wood-chips Wrote: I was replacing the blade on my bandsaw and discovered the lower thrust bearing was seized.
My bandsaw is 13 years old so I figured I'd replace all the bearings this summer and give it a once over.

I can find the manufacturer bearing numbers on all bearings except for the lower shaft bearings, will have to disassemble to see the bearing number.

Is there anybody that can possibly help me with the manufacturer bearing number?
My brother can order any bearing I need, so I'm looking for the bearing number.
The delta lower bearing part number is 920-04-020-5348

And secondly, has anyone replaced bearings on this or similar DELTA bandsaw?

Replacing the thrust bearings is easy. My band saw is a Grizzly.  Do a google search for thrust bearing install and you will get an easy to follow video better than I can explain it.
These bearings are available at any decent hardware store. The box stores may have it too ,they would be in the cabinets for specialty hardware. MSC  Industrial Tools has what you need. Very inexpensive, some less than $2.00, all less than $5.00 each. Shipping may be expensive. I would try an Ace hardware or similar stores first.

mike
(02-26-2018, 05:31 PM)wood-chips Wrote: And secondly, has anyone replaced bearings on this or similar DELTA bandsaw?

Watch for ceramic "bearings."  Replaced mine a few years back because I'm a turner and deal in wet stock.  Never looked back.

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Bandsaw-Cer...B00PGCW046

While you're at it, get ceramic guides.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I answered you in the other thread; 6200 for the thrust bearings, 6202 for the upper wheel and 6204 for the lower wheel.
(03-02-2018, 08:32 PM)jlanciani Wrote: I answered you in the other thread; 6200 for the thrust bearings, 6202 for the upper wheel and 6204 for the lower wheel.

Thanks jlanciani,

Some how I forgot/didn't subscribe to my other thread so I missed your info.
Thanks for providing the bearing numbers.
There's a Motion Industries near me so I'll be headed that way when I go for wood supplies from a company that is close proximity to them.