Rockler lost the sale
Needed some stuff for a project last Sunday. Made the 45 minute drive to West Allis WI Rockler only to find they don't open until 11:00 AM. Drove a few miles more to Woodcraft. They were open at 10:00AM. They got my business.
(02-27-2018, 09:53 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Needed some stuff for a project last Sunday. Made the 45 minute drive to West Allis WI Rockler only to find they don't open until 11:00 AM. Drove a few miles more to Woodcraft. They were open at 10:00AM. They got my business.

If I owned a business, I would give my employees and myself time to get to church in the morning on Sundays before we opened up.  Doing so would probably cost me business.

Not sure if that's the case here, but maybe.

I don't really understand the post though.
My work day started at 5 or 6 am most of my life, awake before that a couple hours. Retired now and still waking the chickens up. I hate it when the day is half over before stores open.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
(02-27-2018, 09:53 AM)castguy2003 Wrote: Needed some stuff for a project last Sunday. Made the 45 minute drive to West Allis WI Rockler only to find they don't open until 11:00 AM. Drove a few miles more to Woodcraft. They were open at 10:00AM. They got my business.

Most of the retail stores around here open on Sunday have limited hours. Easy enough to check.
Man, that was a crazy adventure. My heart beat is still recovering from that harrowing journey.
Semper fi,
Brad

(02-27-2018, 11:10 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Man, that was a crazy adventure.  My heart beat is still recovering from that harrowing journey.

Bwahahahaha! You owe me a new keyboard because Coke shot out my nose from laughing so hard.
Big Grin

Prior
Planning
Prevents
P.iss
Poor
Performance.
a shop I go to started closing on Monday as well as Sunday because their employees needed some time off every week.  Crazy, I know.  Been a couple of years, hasn't seemed to hurt at all. When they first started doing it, they got an outraged call from another shop in the same business (open 7 days), which made me laugh.

I have to admit, I've never really liked any of the Rockler stores I have been to.
It was a dark and stormy night. I had just signed into www.rockler.com when suddenly, out of no where, up pops a woodcraft ad..........

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

There used to be a day (in my lifetime even) when nobody's store was open on Sunday.  You are fortunate that you have BOTH a Woodcraft and a Rockler near you.  Just a Woodcraft here in Orlando, which, BTW, opens up at noon on Sundays.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Our kayak retailer, one of the largest in the US, and shipping internationally, closes Sunday and Monday as well, but they are known for outstanding customer service.  We have been with them for years, volunteer to set up static displays, and have recommended them without reservation for two decades.  Never had a negative comment.

Their business model isn't let us sell you a kayak today...
... they want you to become a member of the "family" and they will sell to you, your family, and everyone you know or ever meet, for life. 
Big Grin
If you treat folks right... that's what happens. 
Wink
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.