Is this festool sander broken?
Had the exact same thing happen to me last week. I just bought a new backer pad.

But....

I decided why not try gluing the old one back together? So I carefully lined up the top and base and marked where they came together. I then ca-glued the parts back together. Held great, so I thought I’d hard test it and I took the coarsest grit paper and went at a scrap. Still held.
Now I have a spare backer.
VH07V  
(03-01-2018, 02:47 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Had the exact same thing happen to me last week. I just bought a new backer pad.

But....

I decided why not try gluing the old one back together? So I carefully lined up the top and base and marked where they came together. I then ca-glued the parts back together. Held great, so I thought I’d hard test it and I took the coarsest grit paper and went at a scrap. Still held.
Now I have a spare backer.

Thanks.  I bought another one.  But I'll definitely try gluing it.

They have a Festool dealer in Uruguay.  But Festool tools and accessories costs double what they do in the US.  
Crazy

On the other hand, high quality grass-fed T-bones are $4 a pound.
Shut up and take your medicine, citizen.
(03-06-2018, 12:49 PM)blanning Wrote:  

On the other hand, high quality grass-fed T-bones are $4 a pound.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020