A sturgeon nosed canoe
Back when I was making boats (and I hope to resume in sometime in the near future), I only took pictures and not video. So now I am taking those pictures and putting them into video, and updating the web pages one by one as I video-ize my boat builds.

In 2011 I was commissioned to build a traditional canoe by a member of a local Indian tribe called the Sinixt. It is called a Sturgeon Nosed Canoe and it's a very unique looking craft. This boat has shown and used all over at a lot of festivals and Indian gatherings, thanks to the enthusiastic owner of the boat.

Thought you all might find it interesting.

http://paddleandoar.com/notebook/snc/index.php

Paul M
That is beautiful, in it's own way...
I have often wanted to build a kayak and now that I have a bigger shop, I might attempt it. Lol.
Very nice... 
Smirk
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
That's a nice looking canoe.  There is a member here that goes by the user name Kudzu who builds skin on frame canoes. He even sells kits for them.  I planned to get one when I get a space big enough to attempt the build.
Hi Paul - welcome to the forum! 
Smile  

Enjoyed the link and the video - congrats on an interesting and well done project!  Dave
Piedmont North Carolina

Cool Excellent job!

Unique design, never seen it before.

What are the advantages?

Ed
Very cool..........
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Kinda looks like this new destroyer being built at Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine.

g

Attached Files Image(s)

I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
First Welcome to woodnet and thank you for showing us what you make.

What resin did you put of the fabric or was it dope and lacquer like on an aircraft?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.