Incra TS-LS52 Fence Value?
A Co-worker is trying to sell me his NIB Incra Fence

He bought it years ago in a combo pack (router lift, fence and top) but never installed it. The router top got damaged in storage. He also wants to sell the lift separately but I already have the same one. Like his, I never used mine as I eventually bought a shaper.

Back to the fence system. My Jet cabinet saw already has an exacta fence. I like it just fine although accessories are hard to mount. Is there any value in buying the Incra? It seems to get mixed reviews. If I do make an offer what would be an acceptable amount? I hate to offer too much and hate the fence.

It does look cool though.

[Image: p_tscombo3_zoom.png]
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
Those are pretty nice fences. I used to watch the demos at the woodworking shows and I have had the chance to see it in action on a friends saw. They are very accurate once you get it set up and the setting are absolutely repeatable as there are little teeth on the slide that allow you to go to the exact setting you want. The down sides I have seen is it takes a lot of space. You basically have to have double the width of cut to the side of your saw because of the way the setup works. I would imagine it can be a bit fiddly getting it setup properly although I have to admit I have never done it. 

My friend got his for right around $200 for the same fence minus all the extras. It was the fence setup only.  It was not new in box though.
I had one a few years ago. They are very touch and mine fell out of adjustment easily.
I have the 27" router vesion. I would not want it on my ts.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-01-2018, 07:40 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I have the 27" router vesion. I would not want it on my ts.

I echo this sentiment.  Except that i have the smaller version on my router table.

Please keep in mind that this thing is HUGE.  In order to have the fence at the full 52" right of the blade you need almost 8 feet of space to the right of the saw blade as the LS positioner sticks out past the main rail assembly 30" on this model.  I'd stick with the exacta fence.
Yes, ive never used the full 27" either, 20" router fence would have been fine. I just put a second router table over the top of the back part of that fence.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've been very happy with mine-put this on my Jet Xacta saw 11 years ago, and have had the Incra fence on a router table for 15+ years. As mentioned, it does require a lot of space to the right of the saw on wide cuts for the positioner. Also if you sometimes use your saw's extension table for other uses, keep in mind that it is not as easy to remove the Incra fence to free up that space as can be done with the Xacta fence.

In a commercial-type shop where the fence may see a lot of abuse, the Xacta fence would probably be my first choice. However, in my shop I've had no issues with durability or holding alignment.

I don't know what to suggest as a value-I don't even know what they sell for new these days. I can say I have no regrets buying this fence.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-02-2018, 05:27 PM)Greg Jones Wrote: I've been very happy with mine-put this on my Jet Xacta saw 11 years ago, and have had the Incra fence on a router table for 15+ years. As mentioned, it does require a lot of space to the right of the saw on wide cuts for the positioner. Also if you sometimes use your saw's extension table for other uses, keep in mind that it is not as easy to remove the Incra fence to free up that space as can be done with the Xacta fence.

In a commercial-type shop where the fence may see a lot of abuse, the Xacta fence would probably be my first choice. However, in my shop I've had no issues with durability or holding alignment.

I don't know what to suggest as a value-I don't even know what they sell for new these days. I can say I have no regrets buying this fence.

+1 
Yes
Yes
Yes
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I've only had mine mounted for six months or so but can tell you I'll never go back to a Unifence or Beis clone style. I love it.

Yeah, it takes up space to the right. Meh. I have the TS-LS so my router is mounted on the right wing, too.

I dunno the "value" of a used one.

I'd buy it again at retail, though.

I love the repeatability. I love the fact that I can adjust cuts by the thousandths when needed. It probably isn't a great setup for a commercial work.

For those saying it goes out of alignment? How? Every two weeks I check the zero setting-- it's perfect unless I've swapped blades.
Semper fi,
Brad

Had to sell my complete shop a couple years ago including a SS PCS with a TS-LS32. Now in a new home with shop space in the basement, there's a new SS PCS with a new TS-LS32 in the shop. Putting down flooring now, then DC piping and I'm good to go.

No idea what to offer for used. I had no problem buying new.

Alignment issues--not really. Blade changes don't affect alignment, only zeroing the fence to blade which takes seconds. There are stops on the rails so that you can always return the carriage to the same location.

I have a machine shop background so the adjustability and repeatability just make total sense to me. I can understand how others wouldn't see it that way.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone