WTB white oak or cherry 12/4
I'm looking for white oak or cherry 12/4 for bed posts... would need 4 @ 4.5' long. If anyone is willing to ship, or knows of an online supplier that would be great. I live in central Ky and my local hardwood supplier on has African mahogany in 12/4
Check out Alderfer Lumber at https://alderferlumber.com

They would have no problem shipping exactly what you need, give them a jingle.

I don't know where you live but if your anywhere close to driving there, it's well worth your time.  They have more live edge lumber than anyone, several buildings full.  Watch the vid on their company page, pretty cool.  If you go to the live edge products tab and go to the last page, there is info about their hardwood lumber.

Jeez, this almost sounds like I work for them....I don't.  I love going there and get all my lumber from them.  Family business, good people.
are you close to Louisville or Lexington?  I'd check with Bagdad Lumber  ( http://www.bagdadlumber.com/index.html  ) 

They don't show any in stock but might be able to cut some in the near future.

Good folks.

If you're not close to them check Craigslist -- I've seen several sawmill/kiln operations that sell stuff in the "materials" section
Cool
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(03-01-2018, 08:02 PM)Troywoodyard Wrote: I'm looking for white oak or cherry 12/4 for bed posts... would need 4 @ 4.5' long.  If anyone is willing to ship, or knows of an online supplier that would be great.  I live in central Ky and my local hardwood supplier on has African mahogany in 12/4

Almost had what you needed. I have 4 posts. unfortunately the 4th one was cut a few years back for a project and is only 49". The other 3 are 8' long. Maybe some creative joinery?
(03-01-2018, 08:02 PM)Troywoodyard Wrote: I'm looking for white oak or cherry 12/4 for bed posts... would need 4 @ 4.5' long.  If anyone is willing to ship, or knows of an online supplier that would be great.  I live in central Ky and my local hardwood supplier on has African mahogany in 12/4

Niagara Lumber has 12/4 cherry and 12/4 red oak. Available online.
Good company, and I have ordered from them several times. Fast and fair.

Gilbert
Pinky, the short one may work for the footboard... are they white oak or cherry ? I'm in central Ky, where are you?
Try quartersawnoak.com.
(03-03-2018, 05:52 PM)Troywoodyard Wrote: Pinky, the short one may work for the footboard... are they white oak or cherry ?  I'm in central Ky, where are you?

cherry

What I do in that situation is glue up (in this case white oak) 3/4" stock to the thickness you desire.  Get or re-saw thick veneer for the two faces that have lamination showing.  I have done this with quarter-sawn white oak so that the ray flake appears on all sides of the leg or post.
I just got 4 3x3 posts in the mail from pinky.... they look great. Thx everyone for the suggestions