Will DC blower work fine sideways?
(03-03-2018, 01:14 AM)SpiderDave Wrote: I want to modify the dust collector I just bought, to save room and to make fewer bends in the system with a limited amount of space. I 'really' like what I got, but it takes up more room that I imagined. If I can do something about it, I might as well go ahead now before it's all hooked up. At the moment the motor and the intake vent lay horizontal of each other. I would like to modify it where the the intake points downward and the motor upwards (sideways?). Like many units that already come that way. The first photo is what I have and the second is how I would like to modify or mount it. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a different bearing system that would wear because of the change in angle? Or if they were even made diffidently at all? I'm hoping to make it into more of a stacked system (blower above the separator) and change the bag filter locations to fit the designated area. Thanks for your time, have a great day.

Dave

Since it mounts to the plenum in a square you can move it all four ways.  I am also going to do this with my 3hp grizzly so I can mount the base to the wall and save space and also lower it 5" since it is that far from the base to the floor.
Also I am going to make a cabinet with wheels to cover it up to lessen the noise.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.