What backup parts for PC310?
(03-06-2018, 12:19 AM)Aram Wrote: Yep! I ordered brushes, collets and collet nut, and bearings from eReplacementParts. Thanks everyone.

(03-06-2018, 01:45 AM)photobug Wrote: Is this a concern for just this product or are all PC replacement parts going away?

I own 3 P-C routers (310, 690, & 890 in my router table) - have not bought any spare parts to date - the 690 is probably 20+ years old; all work fine but I'm just an occasional woodworker, so none have been abused.  The only issue w/ the 310 is bit removal, i.e. I usually have to loosen the collet, then 'tap it' a few times to free up the bit shank.  I've not check the brushes which would probably be my main concern - would need to do a search to see 'what' to look for - 
Winkgrin  Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-06-2018, 01:45 AM)photobug Wrote: Is this a concern for just this product or are all PC replacement parts going away?

I heard some time back the PC310 was going away, but don't know if it did.
All of the tool co. buyouts have things messed up.
I have half a dozen of the PC7310 routers and they haven't disappeared yet. Still in production.
The PC310 was always touted as the commercial shop router in small routers.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-05-2018, 10:28 AM)Aram Wrote: I have a PC 310, love it. It just occurred to me to buy a backup collet and collet nut. Any other parts I should pick up, just in case, before they become unavailable?

Thanks!

Why a collet/collet nut?  I've had routers for the last 45 years and now have eight of them.  I've never had to replace a collet/collet nut. 
Confused
Bob
(03-06-2018, 08:19 PM)BobW Wrote: Why a collet/collet nut?  I've had routers for the last 45 years and now have eight of them.  I've never had to replace a collet/collet nut. 
Confused

Law of physics. If I don't have a spare, I will lose or break both of them.

BTW I have broken a collet in a larger router.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site