WTB: 1.5/2hp 56 frame 1725rpm 110/220 motor Southern MD
I'm hunting for a motor as described in the title.  I'm within reach of B-more/DC/NOVA during work hours; I work in Greenbelt, MD.

Or, if you can suggest a shop in the area that sells them, please let me know.  I haven't been able to hunt one down.
Semper fi,
Brad

Surplus center has options;

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Electric-Mo...0-1027.axd
Check out the auction site as well. Search for baldor 3514 or baldor 3516. That’s where I end up getting most of my motors.
I'm trying to find one that *isn't* $300.

Wink
Semper fi,
Brad

(03-06-2018, 11:20 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm trying to find one that *isn't* $300.

Wink

Yeah, well, good luck with that.
Even an import from Grizzly is $300;

http://www.grizzly.com/search?q=(electri...+749.99%5d)
Right.

That's why I'm hunting the used market. I'll buy new if I can't find one a bit more economically.
Semper fi,
Brad

(03-07-2018, 11:10 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Right.

That's why I'm hunting the used market.  I'll buy new if I can't find one a bit more economically.

Gonna play devil's advocate here, but if budget is a concern my uncle has had solid luck with aftermarket motors from Harbor Freight, he's convinced they are not the same as they put on their stock machinery. He burnt the motor on a HF compressor in little over a year, replaced it with an aftermarket HF motor that's run like a champ for over six years since. Put another one on a old craftsman 113 Table saw a couple years ago and talks it up often. He's owns a few buildings so they're getting a fair share of use, not industrial, but not sitting still for long either. Good luck
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
Nah. Budget really isn't a concern. I can readily afford a $300 motor. I just don't *want* to afford a $300 motor, especially when the market is awash with motors.

Just gotta get the timing right.
Semper fi,
Brad

(03-07-2018, 11:39 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Nah.  Budget really isn't a concern.  I can readily afford a $300 motor.  I just don't *want* to afford a $300 motor, especially when the market is awash with motors.

Just gotta get the timing right.

hey i have a cache of motors.  I can check this weekend and see if i have something.  looks like a standard setup.  If you would, shoot me a text or email so i don't forget. 4197792382 or jdtoolsllc@yahoo.com
My Day Job
well, bye.