Not feeling good the last week and watched this
and I am sure you will love this YouTube Video.  It makes me want to try it out as soon as I am better.

What do you guys think?  It is just over 9 minutes.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I respect the technical skill and time it took to make that. I don't care for the final appearance.
(03-07-2018, 07:57 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I respect the technical skill and time it took to make that.  I don't care for the final appearance.

My same thoughts.

But it is something to try if one can find good wood for it- and the time.
Cool, but I'm no where near patient enough to try that!
Agreed, it's cool but not for me. Seems like more of a carving project than a woodturning project.

Feel better Arlin
(03-07-2018, 03:28 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: and I am sure you will love this YouTube Video.  It makes me want to try it out as soon as I am better.

What do you guys think?  It is just over 9 minutes.

I agree with all the comments so far. I really respect carvers, because I don't have the skill or patience to do it. This kind of project to me, is a clear cut example of this being a hobby and not a livelihood.
(03-08-2018, 04:00 PM)MidwestMan Wrote: I agree with all the comments so far. I really respect carvers, because I don't have the skill or patience to do it. This kind of project to me, is a clear cut example of this being a hobby and not a livelihood.

Me I am kind of different thinking because I love winter or a desert scene and how everything looks against a against a stark background.  Kind of like how dead trees look and this looks like that which appeals to me.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.