3M Scotch-Brite Deburring Wheels
I believe someone on this forum not too long ago was singing the praises of 3M Scotch-Brite deburring wheels for cleaning/polishing
metal.  I bought one to use in a rehab. of an old Delta drill press.  It is pretty amazing what these wheels can do.  Here is pic of wheel:
[Image: s-l1600.jpg]
And here is one of the first parts I tackled: the so-called Delta retirement light.  It started out as a very dull grey.  After about 10
minutes in front of the old Craftsman grinder, here is what it looks like:
[Image: 00101_kYtjXFjr6SB_600x450.jpg]
It looks pretty good, but there are nooks and crannies  where the wheel can't reach: I am wondering how to deal
with areas like this. Do I go for a much softer 6" wheel or do I get something like these 1-1/2" wheels (below), and if so, are these intended to be used on, for example, a Dremel?
(03-08-2018, 08:31 AM)thooks Wrote: If you have a Dremel, I'd try that first.

I think those wheels are too big for a Dremel,   may fit a cutoff tool.  ( 3/16" arbor hole.) Roly
Pneumatic angle grinder with 2-3" 3M wheels.  I used these in the past for removing corrosion on aircraft.  They are powerful combination of tools for fine crannys on metal.  THis is just one version of these wheels.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/a...757&rt=rud
A carpenter's house is never done.
(03-07-2018, 05:43 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: I believe someone on this forum not too long ago was singing the praises of 3M Scotch-Brite deburring wheels for cleaning/polishing
metal.  I bought one to use in a rehab. of an old Delta drill press.  It is pretty amazing what these wheels can do.  Here is pic of wheel:
And here is one of the first parts I tackled: the so-called Delta retirement light.  It started out as a very dull grey.  After about 10
minutes in front of the old Craftsman grinder, here is what it looks like:
[Image: 00101_kYtjXFjr6SB_600x450.jpg]
It looks pretty good, but there are nooks and crannies  where the wheel can't reach: I am wondering how to deal
with areas like this. Do I go for a much softer 6" wheel or do I get something like these 1-1/2" wheels (below), and if so, are these intended to be used on, for example, a Dremel?
I posted over a month ago that I had received three of this brand of deburring wheels from Amazon..since then I have had a chance to test them out and find that they are the equal of the 3M wheels that I also have. They are a little "softer" and conform to the shape of the object a little easier..They also wear a little faster but they are so much cheaper than the "high-dollar" wheels that to me they are a better bargain, especially in the eight inch diameter, two inch wide version.
For sharpening I also have three of the Uxcel diamond laps..The ones I have are 8" diameter and the plate is steel with a heavy concentration of diamond. I don't think you can beat these for the money..They have exceeded my expectations..Excellent for hard steel and carbide. I have one running at 220RPM and another at 760 on my Veritas MK II horizontal machine. Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-150mm-Thic...ing+wheels
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I'm a fan of using the 6" 3-M wheel. Does a great job, just have to be careful as it will remove metal.

I didn't realize they made those smaller ones that are posted. I'll have to look into that.
I do have the small ones that have the velcro type back, and use those on a 90 air die grinder.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020