Routerman
(03-13-2018, 02:17 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Somebody put me in contact with his wife as I was looking to host his content for no financial gain.  She was not interested, just wants to move on with her life.

That's a shame.  Thanks Brian for your efforts.  I would hope if i created something to contribute to great knowledge in any field my family would want to see my work be passed on.

I lived a city away from him up till recently.  I regret not taking a class or purchasing anything from him when I could have.
A carpenter's house is never done.
(03-13-2018, 02:17 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Somebody put me in contact with his wife as I was looking to host his content for no financial gain.  She was not interested, just wants to move on with her life.

(03-14-2018, 12:07 AM)photobug Wrote: That's a shame.  Thanks Brian for your efforts.  I would hope if i created something to contribute to great knowledge in any field my family would want to see my work be passed on.

I lived a city away from him up till recently.  I regret not taking a class or purchasing anything from him when I could have.

Hi Brian - a great effort - probably an interested family member, friend, or 'helper' might have continued the website? - Pat likely had some of his offerings left 'in stock' - would have been nice to see what he may have left behind - my half dozen or so purchases were just excellent quality made w/ precision; and my email exchanges w/ him were always instructive.  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
https://web.archive.org/web/201610090703...icing.html
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(03-14-2018, 06:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: https://web.archive.org/web/201610090703...icing.html

Awesome Bob, thanks.

Even if we never find the unsold stock as Dave suggests, we at least have photos of his genius products to emulate them if someone has the skills.
(03-14-2018, 06:11 PM)Bob10 Wrote: https://web.archive.org/web/201610090703...icing.html

(03-14-2018, 10:03 PM)photobug Wrote: Awesome Bob, thanks.

Even if we never find the unsold stock as Dave suggests, we at least have photos of his genius products to emulate them if someone has the skills.

Yep - I saw that beautiful jig and would have considered a purchase (cannot remember the price but not cheap, as expected from its quality) - but I had already bought the 'Mortise Pal' (video below of the older model; my model the pic) to do 'free tenon' mortises - works well - use a DeWalt plunge router w/ spiral upcut bits - unfortunately the company seems to have gone 'out of business' - I'll have to make my own tenon material, when needed (not a problem) - Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
The precision of his work is awe inspiring to me.  The majority of the things I make in my shop is for my shop, whether wiring, painting, building cabinets or adding dust collection.  Nothing gives me more joy or pride than a well made jig, or things of precision that helps me make more jigs or things for my shop.  Someday the shop will be done and I can then turn my focus to woodworking.

If I were to pay $500 for this router fence it would be the second most expensive tools I owned.  I would have loved to have taken classes from him on how to make jigs to his level of precision and just to see him at work.

Attached Files Image(s)

I think Pat was a machinist at heart.
Some years back I had been looking at/for Lipping Planers and was ouching at the prices. Pat said he could make me a base for a router to do the same. So I told him to make one for a 690. Very reasonable price.
I still use it often. I keep it on a dedicated router. That saved me bookoo bucks
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-15-2018, 11:03 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I think Pat was a machinist at heart.
Some years back I had been looking at/for Lipping Planers and was ouching at the prices. Pat said he could make me a base for a router to do the same. So I told him to make one for a 690. Very reasonable price.
I still use it often. I keep it on a dedicated router. That saved me bookoo bucks

I read through much of website and he says he on a rare occasion makes something in his shop other than jigs.  His work looks like the product of a CNC owning machinist but I know it was done with only routers and drill presses.

Care to share a photo of this Lipping Router jig?
Yes. I will after bit
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-14-2018, 04:06 PM)giradman Wrote: Hi Brian - a great effort - probably an interested family member, friend, or 'helper' might have continued the website? - Pat likely had some of his offerings left 'in stock' - would have been nice to see what he may have left behind - my half dozen or so purchases were just excellent quality made w/ precision; and my email exchanges w/ him were always instructive.  Dave
Smile

Yes I think it was his son's friend that took care of the site.