Jigsaw table
Hello all,

Has anyone made a small table to hold a jigsaw upside down for easier cutting of certain items?

I was doing some small projects and it seemed that a table would be easier than trying to see the cut line down through the throat of the tool.

Thanks
Peter

My "day job"
There was one posted here in the last year or so where they trapped the blade in a piece of wood above the table, to prevent too much flexing in curves.
I've not done it, but this guy seems to have put some thought into his:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUXerbS...t97I-b9_wA
(03-08-2018, 09:49 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Has anyone made a small table to hold a jigsaw upside down for easier cutting of certain items?

Instead of a separate jigsaw table, make a jigsaw insert plate for your router table or table saw extension wing.

61JYK6LYUlL._SL1403_.jpg

http://qvc.scene7.com/is/image/QVC/v2683..._sharpen=1

More ideas....

https://www.google.com/search?q=jigsaw+t...RQ#imgrc=_
I never used it but my old Ryobi BT3000 table saw came with an attachment for that. I saw others on the Ryobi forum using it with great success.
(03-08-2018, 09:49 PM)Peter Tremblay Wrote: Hello all,

Has anyone made a small table to hold a jigsaw upside down for easier cutting of certain items?

I was doing some small projects and it seemed that a table would be easier than trying to see the cut line down through the throat of the tool.

Thanks

That is how I got started woodworking.  My dad did that for us kids, because it was safer.  We had a pile of scrap wood to work with. I did the same for my kids.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe

Thanks

I have. Pretty simple but you should not use coarse blades. I used blades with at least 10 TPI. Unless you devise a hold down ,similar to a scroll saw a coarse blade will tend to lift the work off the table. I drilled 4 holes in the base of the saw. The table was MDF and 10/32 TEE nuts counter sunk in the table. 
I only used my saber saw upside down 3 or 4 times before buying a Delta scroll saw. 
I might be mistaken but I think an aquarium pump may work to clear the cut line. I think I saw that done years ago.

mike
(03-14-2018, 07:04 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I have. Pretty simple but you should not use coarse blades. I used blades with at least 10 TPI. Unless you devise a hold down ,similar to a scroll saw a coarse blade will tend to lift the work off the table. I drilled 4 holes in the base of the saw. The table was MDF and 10/32 TEE nuts counter sunk in the table. 
I only used my saber saw upside down 3 or 4 times before buying a Delta scroll saw. 
I might be mistaken but I think an aquarium pump may work to clear the cut line. I think I saw that done years ago.

mike

Thanks, Mike!
Peter

My "day job"
(03-14-2018, 07:04 PM)mike4244 Wrote: I might be mistaken but I think an aquarium pump may work to clear the cut line. I think I saw that done years ago.

mike

Yes, aquarium pump works well.  I purchased a used scroll saw.  The billows did not work, but it came with a small aquarium pump.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe

Thanks

Here's one I'm going to make and you can get the plans very reasonably.
http://www.stumpynubs.com/jig-saw.html
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13