For Your Weekend Viewing
Wink 
Episode 6 of Woodcademy is now streaming free on Amazon!
We finish building the dining chairs and I show how to upholster the seats.
[Image: dxW9oL.jpg]
This table is not the one I will be building to go with the chairs, it just worked with them for the photo. 
Watch the show.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Thanks Ralph I will get to watch it in a week when my allowance is back up.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Ralph,

I watched your show for the first time yesterday; I liked it very much!  Started with episode 1 and will continue through the rest of the projects.

I particularly like how you share thought process on some of the planning aspects of a project; that's the tedium that I sometimes tend to skip, thus leading to waste or time inefficiency.
(03-11-2018, 07:57 AM)WxMan Wrote: Ralph,

I watched your show for the first time yesterday; I liked it very much!  Started with episode 1 and will continue through the rest of the projects.

I particularly like how you share thought process on some of the planning aspects of a project; that's the tedium that I sometimes tend to skip, thus leading to waste or time inefficiency.
Thank you! I do not want to skip over the errors I make either! In Episode 4, I tried an assembly technique different than in the prototype. I show you how it did not work, how I fixed it, and suggested a better way.

Please feel free to leave a review on Amazon, it is a big help in getting more attention to the show.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Good to know how those reviews are used and can help.

I started the book stand shows today at lunch.  I am particularly interested in learning how to cut thin strips better/safer.  I have made a maloof style rocker which required many thin strips, and have decided I need a better way rather than ripping strips at .090 inches wide using the rip fence.  I started playing with the same principle you used in the book stand show.  My down/dirty way of making that stop for the left side miter slot was a piece of scrap affixed to a mitre slot strip, with a screw in the end of the scrap block.  I adjust the screw in/out to adjust thickness.

Anyway...like the show.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Edit to ask: How do I leave a review for a show on Amazon Prime? I see the buttons for reviews when I buy a product. But, for some reason, I can't find a review button for videos.

Second edit...never mind. Didn't scroll far enough to get past "suggestions" to find the review button.
(03-13-2018, 07:39 PM)WxMan Wrote: Good to know how those reviews are used and can help.

I started the book stand shows today at lunch.  I am particularly interested in learning how to cut thin strips better/safer.  I have made a maloof style rocker which required many thin strips, and have decided I need a better way rather than ripping strips at .090 inches wide using the rip fence.  I started playing with the same principle you used in the book stand show.  My down/dirty way of making that stop for the left side miter slot was a piece of scrap affixed to a mitre slot strip, with a screw in the end of the scrap block.  I adjust the screw in/out to adjust thickness.

Anyway...like the show.  Thanks for taking the time to do it.
Thanks! That means a lot.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com