Baileigh Industrial
Anyone familiar with Baileigh Industrial woodworking tools? I am looking at their midgrade cabinet table saw. Thanks
(03-10-2018, 01:10 PM)Sunflower Woodworking Wrote: Anyone familiar with Baileigh Industrial woodworking tools? I am looking at their midgrade cabinet table saw. Thanks

Sorry, I have no experience w/ this company nor reviews of its tools - assume these are made in the Far East (e.g. Taiwan) - BUT, if there are some personal experiences w/ these products, I would be curious if anyone has used and/or owns the bench top drill press shown below - interested in the 'quality & reliability' of the speed changing mechanism (see double arrow) - thanks.  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
I own a PL1340E 1340 metal lathe. Its a chinese model with a Sinpo DRO on it out of the crate. Its great for a new chinese lathe and has a great manual as well.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-10-2018, 07:09 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I own a PL1340E 1340 metal lathe. Its a chinese model with a Sinpo DRO on it out of the crate.  Its great for a new chinese lathe and has a great manual as well.

OH MY!  A Chinese lathe w/ a great manual! 
Big Grin
Cool  That's a first for me - far eastern to English translations are always interesting (i.e. frustrating) in my experience - must have had a great translator!  
Yes  Dave
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-10-2018, 08:03 PM)giradman Wrote: OH MY!  A Chinese lathe w/ a great manual! 
Big Grin
Cool  That's a first for me - far eastern to English translations are always interesting (i.e. frustrating) in my experience - must have had a great translator!  
Yes  Dave

I work for a multinational technology company, and deal with many co-workers for whom english is a second language, and notice in my work email, and in product manuals, the same syntax and vocabulary issues.  You would think that they would hire native english speakers to edit the manuals.

That being said, I have the utmost respect for those who are bi, tri and quad lingual, its just not a facility I have.  But I learned a long time ago to keep my emails and spoken language to a more limited and simple vocabulary, or risk misunderstanding.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the Baileigh JP-1250 jointer/planer and it has been a fine machine for me. Baileigh is more into metal working machines than woodworking and I am not sure how their current service is. They had just expanded into the woodworking field when I got my machine and they were eager to please. I don't really know what they are like now.
Earl
(03-10-2018, 08:37 PM)Admiral Wrote: That being said, I have the utmost respect for those who are bi, tri and quad lingual, its just not a facility I have.  But I learned a long time ago to keep my emails and spoken language to a more limited and simple vocabulary, or risk misunderstanding.

This.

Been working with a Mexican engineer for over a year now.

Was told early on, don't abbreviate or use acronims, they don't translate well.

That said, still at a loss why Jose cc's me on emails that are in spanish.  
Laugh  

Ed
Profession courtesy on his part.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. - Voltaire
Know what, Bob? You win. CharlieD, 4/21/2008
I salute you. Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue! Hail MGoBlue!!!! CRR, 2/19/2008
(03-11-2018, 12:05 AM)EdL Wrote: This.

Been working with a Mexican engineer for over a year now.

Was told early on, don't abbreviate or use acronims, they don't translate well.

That said, still at a loss why Jose cc's me on emails that are in spanish.  
Laugh  

Ed

I used to be one of 3 gringos in a Mexican Company.  I speak Spanish but only so well.  I could understand a large part of most conversations but my head would hurt after a day of trying to keep up.  Some of my conversations with co-workers were less formal.  One coworker would laugh in an email and it went "Jajajaja".

I miss working spending a week in Cabo and Cozumel for "work".
A carpenter's house is never done.
I think the owner of SMC (Keith Outten) has a few Baleigh machines, as well as some others. Not promoting the other forum, just trying to give the OP some other sources of experienced users.