need help -- what is this?
Picked this up at a recent auction for cheap.  I think it is a turning tool, but don't know what it is.  The blade is reversable and seems to be something to turn a consistant diameter.  I'm posting it in woodworking since I most certainly could be wrong -- again.  Thanks in advance.

Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
Looks like a spindle sizing tool.

I have a full set of individual tools from 3/8 to 1-1/4
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-11-2018, 11:25 AM)jppierson Wrote: Picked this up at a recent auction for cheap.  I think it is a turning tool, but don't know what it is.  The blade is reversable and seems to be something to turn a consistant diameter.  I'm posting it in woodworking since I most certainly could be wrong -- again.  Thanks in advance.

I agree with Stwood.  It is for turning spindles to a uniform size.
(03-11-2018, 11:25 AM)jppierson Wrote: Picked this up at a recent auction for cheap.  I think it is a turning tool, but don't know what it is.  The blade is reversable and seems to be something to turn a consistant diameter.  I'm posting it in woodworking since I most certainly could be wrong -- again.  Thanks in advance.

Parting tool with sizing capability.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
I don't know either, but my proctologist has one on display.
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
!
(03-12-2018, 01:35 PM)Cooler Wrote: I don't know either, but my proctologist has one on display.
Big Grin

OMG!!!!
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(03-12-2018, 01:35 PM)Cooler Wrote: I don't know either, but my proctologist has one on display.
Big Grin

Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh

Maybe he should be the next Secretary of State
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.