Need help with a Delta 37-190 jointer
Looking for the set screw size for the cutter head pulley on my 37-190 6" Delta jointer. The paperwork I have listed it as 1/4-20x3/8.
I bought a couple, went to put them in.....and now I get to tap holes with messed up threads.

After looking for some info I see there are a Type 1, 2 and 3 model 37-190.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are?

Info tag lists Delta as a Pentair company and the serial # is J 9607 if that helps.

Thanks for any help!
(03-13-2018, 04:39 PM)Lucky Irish Wrote: Looking for the set screw size for the cutter head pulley on my 37-190 6" Delta jointer. The paperwork I have listed it as 1/4-20x3/8.
I bought a couple, went to put them in.....and now I get to tap holes with messed up threads.

After looking for some info I see there are a Type 1, 2 and 3 model 37-190.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are?

Info tag lists Delta as a Pentair company and the serial # is J 9607 if that helps.

Thanks for any help!

Your screws are metric.  6.35millimeters x 9.5 millimeters. The first dimension is the equivalent of 1/4-20.
The second is the equivalent of 3/8".
I think that the box stores may carry them in the specialty cabinets. If not you can order online from many suppliers. Micro Fasteners, McMaster Carr, etc. Try a google search of local  suppliers. Usually your zip code and type metric screws will bring results.
mike
Thanks!

I've already tapped the holes for 1/4-20, and it looks like there is plenty of thread to hold the new set screws. I guess I'll find out when I get it back together this afternoon and fire it up.