Noob cabinet question: depth and how many?
I'm building a storage cabinet to fill the dead space under my saw's wing. Interior of the cabinet is 18x28". I'm horrible at spatial relations so I'm struggling with it.

Most of the tools stored in it will be TS related, such as my miter gauges and blades. The cabinet incorporates a pull-out vertical board that's 28x22". Hanging from it are my ZC plates, feather board, and arbor wrench.

Can you folks recommend a number of drawers (3? 4?) and how tall to make them?

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Good idea there. How about a blade drawer. Don't foget about your 12" miter saw blades also, if you have any.

I have 2 deep drawers under my miter saw station that holds all my round blades.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-15-2018, 04:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Good idea there. How about a blade drawer. Don't foget about your 12" miter saw blades also, if you have any.

I have 2 deep drawers under my miter saw station that holds all my round blades.

Your setup looks a lot like mine.  I built mine a little shorter than your so the top shelf could hold a majority of my quick grab tools.  The rest is broken up to cubbies.  The lower ones to hold jigs.  The top area is left as a large cubbies to be made into some drawers later, when I get it figured out.  I built in a little shelf on the side to hold my dubby sled.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Here's what I ended up with. This weekend I'll cut and install the false fronts

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Cool .....................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020