Walnut chest on stand done
(03-15-2018, 10:54 PM)rick4212 Wrote: I made all the pieces in the room over this past year. They are all made of walnut that i cut the trees down then cut and dryed them. Thanks for the nice comment.

That is truly inspiring work.  I built my own home or am building it.  One day I will be filling it with furniture also.

Thanks for the inspiration.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Most excellent 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
(03-15-2018, 08:08 PM)rick4212 Wrote: Just some quick pictures of the recently completed walnut chest on stand. So the dinning room is finally complete. Wife is happy so I'm fine with it. Chest is 25"x20"x 17" deep and the full height is 59". Thanks for looking.

That's beautiful work. Can we see the inside?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Wow.  That's an amazing set of furniture
Wow. Gorgeous!  
Cool
What everyone else said. Tasteful designs in gorgeous wood you harvested yourself; it does not get any better than that.

Hate to tell you though, you are not done. A nice oriental rug (or your choice) under the table and chairs would pop all that beautiful wood and dampen the echoes a bit. Better adopt a sheep.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(03-17-2018, 05:35 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: ........Better adopt a sheep.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Tomfromstlouis said:
Hate to tell you though, you are not done. A nice oriental rug (or your choice) under the table and chairs would pop all that beautiful wood and dampen the echoes a bit. Better adopt a sheep.

Yes I agree. My wife is picking one out but she wanted me to finish first. Thanks for all the nice comments.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Great job, I love walnut pieces."
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Very nice!  How is the chest attached to the stand?  Does it just rest there, or is it fastened in some way?  I'd love to see the inside of the chest as well.  Shelves?  Drawers?  Both?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill