Where's A Good Shop Apron!
(03-20-2018, 02:16 PM)Christopherandco Wrote: my wife bought me one of these for my last birthday and I love it: https://calaveratoolworks.com/collection...ork-aprons
Your wife is very different from my wife:  Your wife bought you one of these, my wife would hurt me if I bought one of these.  But they look very nice, it might be worth it.
(03-19-2018, 05:31 PM)RGoodwell Wrote: I have simple requirements for a shop apron.  
  • Tough material
  • Padded straps that cross in the back like suspenders
  • A clasp fastener so I don't have to tie a bow behind my back
  • Good sized flaps for pockets so the pockets don't fill up with sawdust and wood chips (I hate that!)

I JUST CAN'T FINE ONE! 

Maybe I ask too much.  All the more expensive ones I see, the ones that meet most of my requirements, they still have big pockets with no flaps!  That's may be fine for some jobs, but when you make a lot of sawdust, making dados, using a router table, cutting a lot of material at a table saw, POCKETS NEED FLAPS!

Has anyone seen the apron I am looking for?

:.-(
Texas Canvas
I got one from Texas Canvas this Christmas. Waxed material and saw dust and ship do not stick
(03-20-2018, 10:12 AM)RGoodwell Wrote: Thanks all.  I had looked at the Duluth one.  I may try one out as a backup.  But the Atlas 46 looks like what i am looking for.  It may be a bit short.  I want to look presentable when I go up to the office--pants not covered in sawdust.  I am a high school wood shop teacher.  The Atlas and the Texas Heritage are pricier than I would have hoped, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I'm happy now!   :-)

Me too, i.e. put in an order for the Duluth apron - really like the cross suspenders and don't need a lot of storage - should work out well for me and replace a bunch of those w/ pull-throughs and need to tie a bow in the back!  Dave
Smile
Piedmont North Carolina
(03-20-2018, 11:18 AM)Admiral Wrote: I found the Carhartt version heavy as well, went with these, the Wrangler Riggs product, rip stop as well, light, tough and love the pockets, they also fit better than the Carhartt, at least for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-RIGGS-WO...anger+Pant

Someone mentioned the Wrangler Rigs before, it may have been you.  I was going to take a look at those next time I buy.  Thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten about them.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(03-20-2018, 02:42 PM)RGoodwell Wrote: Your wife is very different from my wife:  Your wife bought you one of these, my wife would hurt me if I bought one of these.  But they look very nice, it might be worth it.

I feel ya, if it was a tool or more lumber, she flips. However if it relates to "fashion" her words not mine, she's on board. go figure
(03-20-2018, 04:45 PM)giradman Wrote: Me too, i.e. put in an order for the Duluth apron - really like the cross suspenders and don't need a lot of storage - should work out well for me and replace a bunch of those w/ pull-throughs and need to tie a bow in the back!  Dave
Smile

I really like my Duluth - its a bit older and does not have the mesh pockets so they do tend to fill up when I am turning. Strong, easy to get in and out of...good stuff
When I get home I'll take a pic of the one my wife gave me for Christmas. It's heavy, stiff canvas, but is comfortable to wear. Criss-cross straps over the shoulders. Plastic snap in the back; no tying. It's long, comes down to just above my knees. Small pocket in the middle of the chest; two larger lower down.
Semper fi,
Brad

Here it the one I got through Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0762Z...UTF8&psc=1

The Braunhäuser Premium Waxed Canvas Work and Shop Apron, $32.88

It has most of what I'm looking for. It ties in the back, but I will add a quick-release buckle--easy enough. The pocket flaps are minimal, but to the job! I was surprised. The pocket flaps are made without velcro or any kind of fastener and can be tucked in if one wants easy access. I also like the padded shoulder straps. A good choice for the price. Tide Pride said that on his "waxes canvas" apron the sawdust just slips off and doesn't stick. That is not the case with mine. I would like it even more if the sawdust didn't stick.

As I said, a good apron for the price.
I have the Duluth Apron just got it about 2 weeks back it has metal clasps that tie it all together.  I don't know how you are supposed to put it on and take it off.  I know I slip it on and off without much trouble and really like it being thick.  I tend to carry a lot of stuff that is heavy and pokes holes in clothes I don't see that happening much with this apron if at all
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.