How to remove sheen from finish
I finished a fireplace mantle I've been working on with Arm-R-Seal Satin and, even after stirring it before use, it has more of a sheen than I desire.  What can I use to remove some of the sheen?  Would using paste wax and 0000 steel wool work in this instance?  Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.  Thanks!
(03-19-2018, 06:56 PM)greatscott Wrote: I finished a fireplace mantle I've been working on with Arm-R-Seal Satin and, even after stirring it before use, it has more of a sheen than I desire.  What can I use to remove some of the sheen?  Would using paste wax and 0000 steel wool work in this instance?  Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Yes, 0000 steel wool and paste wax will give you a beautiful dull satin sheen.  Another approach is to use Micro Mesh or Abralon abrasive pads.   In either case, let the ARS cure for about a week before you do it.  

Of course, you could stir the ARS really well and put on another coat of satin.  

John
Automotive rubbing compound or polishing compound will also work, like John said, be sure to let it sure a little before doing it.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thank you both for the replies.  Last coat went on Fri so I'll let it cure for a week before doing anything.
pumice or rottenstone in cheesecloth with MS.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Another option is Wool Lube from Behlen and grey scotchbrite pads. I have used this on Poly, Varnish, and shellac with great results.