Blades Keep Snapping
Put a new blade in, tension it up, ping it, turn on saw, touch the wood............snap. Whats going on
I assume this is a bandsaw? What brand? Model?
Porter Cable Scroll Saw
ok. I've not much experience with scroll saws, but reasons I've snapped blades on other saws include too tight, twisting work so it twists the blade, dull blade so I'm pushing the work too hard and lastly something is misaligned in the saw.
(03-20-2018, 03:28 PM)Tide Pride Wrote: Porter Cable Scroll Saw

Too much tension on the blade.
Blade upside down?

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Junk blades maybe?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(03-20-2018, 02:56 PM)Tide Pride Wrote: Put a new blade in, tension it up, ping it, turn on saw, touch the wood............snap. Whats going on

What brand and size of blade are you using? 

Where are the blades breaking? Right at the clamp or elsewhere?

Generally speaking, scroll saw blades perform better under higher tension than lower tension, so I doubt that too much tension is the real problem.  I had problems with some Olson spiral blades several years ago.  Some would snap as soon as I applied tension.  Others would snap once I started cutting.  A few had a normal lifespan.  I've never had any similar problems with any other blades.  I wrote it off as a bad batch, just too brittle.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

Tide
From best reviews/tools/scroll saws dewalt wen shop fox Rockwell porter cable
Porter cable review
Bottom line quote " this saw can take time for new wood workers to get the meaning of broken blades "
Pros quote " cuts smoothly and quietly "
Cons quote " less experienced users may go through a few blades getting the hang of the saw "
None of the other five saws have any mention of blades breakage only porter cable
So you might read the owners manual trough a couple more times to see if you can eliminate some of the breakage that may be operator error?
May help may not