I'm sure you've never ...
used your ROS with no sanding disk on the pad.  Well, I can report, first hand, that the Velcro doesn't like it if you do.  

Thankfully, Bosch replacements are readily available and cheap.  

John
I cannot claim that I have used my ROS without a pad, but I can relate in that I am on my third replacement pad due to inattention when the sanding disk has completely worn through. I now use Mirka pad protectors as cheap insurance for poor attention spans.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I had bad luck with H&L pads when they came out. I went back to all PSA pads which is all I use. After the first PSA pad on my festool 150/3 fell apart and they discontinued those pads, I made one from a PC pad, and all is well in the sanding world again.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

DAMHIKT
Rolleyes
I'm pretty sure that I have only done that by throwing a sanding disk.  My old Ryobi ROS, and the pads weren't particularly cheap as I remember.
Oh yes I have!
Only took 5 minutes of sanding before I figured out what was wrong.
My thing is when doing a lot of sanding I connect a shop vac via hose to the ROS. Then forget to turn on the vac and wonder why there's dust all over hell's half acre.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I thought I was the only one.......
(03-21-2018, 06:47 AM)cme4dk Wrote: I thought I was the only one.......

Somehow, I feel better now. 

I ordered two pads from Amazon last evening, a soft and a hard one.  They cost about $12 each, which seemed quite reasonable.  

John
I did that once before I had my cataract surgeries and could not see very well.  I was wondering why it was cutting so slowly...
Big Grin
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.