Looking for plans for two-drawer file cabinet
I'm building a two-drawer wood file cabinet.  Does anyone know where I could find some basic plans?  They don't need to be very detailed; just looking for dimensions and general construction methods that have worked.  I'm planning to make the main box out of 1/2" solid oak, not plywood.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything already posted. Brand new to forum, first post here, so please go easy on me if I broke any rules.  

Thanks
I think Woodsmith had an issue where they made a file cabinet. I don't recall which one though.
(03-21-2018, 05:10 AM)lupacexi2 Wrote: I'm building a two-drawer wood file cabinet.  Does anyone know where I could find some basic plans?  They don't need to be very detailed; just looking for dimensions and general construction methods that have worked.  I'm planning to make the main box out of 1/2" solid oak, not plywood.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything already posted. Brand new to forum, first post here, so please go easy on me if I broke any rules.  

Well, there are likely plans online from a number of sources, but I subscribe to Woodsmith and also have their 11-season video set, so the episode should be present in one of those seasons.  The Woodsmith plans for a 'modular' file cabinet set can be purchased HERE for $10 - the video is likely also available - good luck!  Dave
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

Piedmont North Carolina
(03-21-2018, 05:10 AM)lupacexi2 Wrote: I'm building a two-drawer wood file cabinet.  Does anyone know where I could find some basic plans?  They don't need to be very detailed; just looking for dimensions and general construction methods that have worked.  I'm planning to make the main box out of 1/2" solid oak, not plywood.

Thanks

TOMMY MACK BUILT A CABINET USING PARTS FROM A METAL CABINET. YOU COULD BUILD THE CABINET TO FIT THE STRUCTURE AND REPLACE THE DRAWER HARDWARE WITH WOOD.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

Here's what the online Woodsmith index showed:

file cabinets
  • decorative, 179:20

• frame and panel, 74:6

• modular, 144:6

• three-drawer, legal-sized, 29:10

• with under-lid storage, 7:8
Probably more recent ones, too.  

John
When this question was asked last month there were some suggestions. 

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...pid7592516
here is one

and another

If it can't kill you it probably ain't no good. Better living through chemicals.

(03-21-2018, 06:15 PM)Lynden Wrote: When this question was asked last month there were some suggestions. 

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...pid7592516

Yep, and apparently the spam filter is improving and killing the reply with the link to the 10,001+odd plans.  Time to thank the forum hosts for the improvement.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe